So, tell me! How's the Restorative Program going for you? For some people (usually those who find it difficult to relax, or who have a hard time quieting their thoughts), restorative yoga can be challenging. For others (usually those whose preferred type of yoga is restorative), it comes as easy as breathing. So I'm interested to know how it's going for you (and whether you're the type of person I've described).
It's a snowy day here in Connecticut and I'm looking forward to hunkering down and getting some work done. I've got a lot of filming to do, a lot of writing to do, and some blog shtuff to catch up on. Restorative yoga is definitely on the agenda today.
For this upcoming week, we're going to dive a little bit deeper. Meditation will be incorporated for a little bit longer than the previous week, and maybe that'll be a challenge for you, or maybe not, but really, who freaking cares? Don't get down on yourself if you find it to be the former. Just let whatever you're able to do be enough. There is so much in this world to be upset about - let's not let whether or not we can sit in meditation be one of them.
Remember that if you need help or have questions or just want to connect with other likeminded people, there's a thread on our yoga forum for just those reasons!
And lastly, If you have been a subscriber to the YBC Official App for a while, I'll be pulling in content from the past as part of this program. If you have not opted in to the paid portion of the YBC App, no worries- I have alternatives for you. But if you do want to opt-in, it's $1.99/mo and you will get a 20 minute video right away and then each week you'll receive either a recorded message (a quote, a meditation or a yoga tip) or a yoga video that we will use in future programs. Please note that you will not have access to past content, only because it's not fair to those who have been paid members from day 1, but don't worry because each week your content will grow and it'll be used in future programs that you can follow along to when the programs are released. Don't forget that if you screenshot your iTunes review of our app and send it to Lauren, we will send you a little gift in thanks.
Ok! let's do this!
29 Day Restorative Yoga Program - Week 2 Schedule
- Exclusive App Subscribers: Do the guided meditation from February 2, 2016. Everyone else: 5 minute silent meditation.
- 15 minute morning yoga warm up
- 30 minute slow flow with block (just skip the use of blocks if you're fresh outta blocks)
- Pause vid in the middle and work on your chosen pose for 3-5 minutes
- check in on instagram with #RESTOREwithYBC and post a photo of your chosen pose or of your goal.
- Meditation: Exclusive App Subscribers listen to the guided meditation from December 8, 2015. Then, sit in silent meditation for 3 more minutes. Everyone else, 6 minute silent meditation
- 10 minute warm up
- 20 minute yoga flow for upper body strength
- Pause vid in the middle and spend 3-5 minutes working on your chosen pose
- End with 5 minute silent meditation with hands in vajra mudra
- Start with 6 minute silent meditation with hands in naga mudra.
- Chill out sequence, breathing 10 full, deep breaths in each pose.
- 30 minute yin practice
- End in 5 minute music meditation (your choice of music).
- Meditation: Exclusive App Subscribers listen to the quote from January 12, 2016. Then, sit in silent meditation for 3 more minutes. Everyone else, find a quote you are inspired by. Read it through twice and then sit in 6 minute silent meditation.
- 25 Minute cool down yoga
- Pause vid in the middle and practice your chosen pose for 3-5 minutes.
- End in 5 minute silent meditation.
- 7 minute warm up
- 15 minute hip opening flow
- Spent 4-6 minutes working on your chosen pose.
- End with 5 minute restorative yoga
- Meditation and breathing video
- 30 minute heart opening feel good yoga
- End with 5 minute silent meditation with hands in kashyapa mudra
- Rest day.