Some days just stand out in your mind. Today's one of those days. This time last year, my husband had just gone in for ACL surgery and I began the GAPS diet after months of illness in the aftermath of longterm antibiotic use for Lyme Disease.Read More
An international yoga instructor writes a healthy living blog with an emphasis on yoga.
Keep submitting your yoga questions! This week's questions:
- When you started to teach yoga, did you think it might take away your practice as a student?
- Do you have any tips for IT band syndrome?
- What is the difference between aligning the front heel with the arch of the back foot and the front heel with the back heel in warriors?
- Any tips or advice on how to start yoga at home?
- I have migraines. I'm getting it sorted out medically, but what poses should I avoid? Is there any way to continue my practice without making it worse?
- My shoulders round forward in chaturanga, what should I do?
You know those rockstar yogis? The superstar ones from instagram who have, like, a million and a half followers? I always go to one of their workshops if they're coming my way because I honestly feel that everyone has something unique to share. Everyone knows something that I don't know, so if there's an opportunity to learn, I should.Read More
By request, I'm bringing it back to basics today with Surya Namaskar B. This variation of sun salutation is a basic flow in Ashtanga yoga that's comprised of seven poses:Read More
If you're one of those people who experiences chronic mild neck and shoulder pain, this little video might be your next favorite thing. It's a very slow practice (don't be expecting to work up a sweat), with the goal to gently release neck and shoulder tension.Read More