Today's practice is a 30 minute power yoga flow that's best for people who already have a consistent practice (i.e. - not recommended beginners). It incorporates a few arm balances, head stands, and twists, and is an all around feel good flow. I hope you enjoy!Read More
An international yoga instructor writes a healthy living blog with an emphasis on yoga.
The little things that are inspiring me or making me feel extra grateful this week.Read More
Hello from Berlin, Germany! It's been a whirlwind of a day, but one of the best kinds - where you're tired from all the activity but feel totally happy and grateful.Read More
My grandmother, an incredibly pious woman, always used to remind us, "Let nothing disturb thee." For me, it remains a work in progress. Let's talk yoga class pet peeves.Read More
Got a yoga question? Send it in!
This week's questions:
1. How should I do the three part breath in poses where my core is meant to be engaged?
2. I love meditation and want to get into yoga but I have scoliosis and am not sure where to begin. Can you help?
3. Despite being able to do nearly all the standing postures in the Ashtanga primary series, I cannot do revolved triangle. Please help!
4. I'm teaching myself yoga and just picked up some props - any guidance or tips you have as I start my journey would be appreciated!
5. I can't lift my head off the ground in back bend even thought my arms are strong. Any idea why?
6. I have MS and cannot raise my core temperature - what type of yoga do you suggest?
7. I have bow legs and see that in pictures of mountain pose, everyone's knees are together. What is the correct alignment?
8. I get a crippling pain in my feet - can you help?
9. Following a shoulder injury, downward dog hurts me - any tips?
10. My mom always gets a headache after doing downward dog, any idea why?Read More