This year I am lucky enough to be able to be with my mom on Mother's Day. We have a fun day planned of hanging out in New York, doing some shopping and eating great food.Read More
An international yoga instructor writes a healthy living blog with an emphasis on yoga.
I'm sort of scrambling this week as a few exciting things are in the works.Read More
I'm receiving lots of yoga questions (which is great!), but I'm starting to not be able to answer all of them on the blog. From now on, I'll pick a few each week and answer on here.
The questions this week:
1. Can you explain what bone compression is and what to do about it?
2. What exercises can improve back strength?
3. What do you suggest I do when my head hurts in headstand?
4. How do you know when you're ready to take yoga teacher training?
5. My foot gets stuck when I step from down dog to the front of the mat, can you help?Read More
One of the most important lessons I learned in yoga teacher training is that everything in the body is connected. Therefore, when my neck hurts, it's usually not something in my neck, but rather something in my shoulders or upper back that's triggering it. Keeping this in mind, I've put together eight yoga poses for the neck and shoulders for those times when something in the upper body just feels off.Read More
Blogging is weird, moving is (not) fun, here's an awesome smoothie.Read More