An international yoga instructor writes a healthy living blog with an emphasis on yoga.
Feeling gratitude for the little things.Read More
Oh, mornings. Sigh.
These days, I wake up feeling stiff and super sleepy, and I don't think it's my age, but I truly don't remember feeling this way a few years ago. Every morning I do a couple stretches just to get the blood flowing and wake up the muscles.Read More
You might not believe me, because it sort of sounds wacky, but stress has a physical effect on my body. My joint pain flares up like crazy if I am under a lot of stress. If I get into a huge argument or something, the joints in my hands and knees with blow up the next day. It's pretty crazy, if you think about it. Anyway, to avoid this (and to keep a sliver of sanity), I try to be as stress-free as possible. I don't meditate at often as I should, but I try for a few times per week. Even just five minutes in the morning gets my day off on the right track.Read More
1. Any bras you recommend for larger chests?
2. What did you do when you first started teaching? How was your schedule?
3. I have some eye issues. Is it safe for me to do headstand?
4. I am making zero progress with upavistha konasana (wide leg forward fold), can you help?
5. My mat curls up on one end - what can I do to prevent this?
6. How long am I a beginner before I start doing intermediate stuff?
7. When I attempt child's pose, I can't sit all the way back. Why, and what can I do?
8. Can yoga be used to gain muscle mass as well as tone?Read More