Ok, friends, we are right in the middle of the 31 day program, how are you doing?! Have you seen progress in the goals you've set?
This week may be more challenging for you. It's easy to start off with a goal and work towards it for the first few days, maybe a week, but after a while it may start to seem like a real effort to make it on the mat. If this is happening to you, just do your best. Remember the analogy of thinking of your yoga practice like a meeting with the boss. Even if you're tired, just go, get on your mat, and give what you can. If you can't do the whole practice of the suggested schedule, just take savasana, or do a different practice that suits your energy level. And don't you dare get down on yourself - if you're doing the best you can and savasana is the best you can do, then give yourself a pat on the back because you showed up and gave what you had. That's commendable.
Don't forget that if you need some support, the people at the Yoga Forum are there for you, and also don't underestimate the power of reflection. Sitting down with your journal and a cup of tea to help keep track of what's going on mentally and physically in your practice can be really therapeutic as well.
Ok let's get it:
- 10 minute warm up
- Video bundle people do the 60 minute power. Everyone else, do the 45 minute power.
- Pause video in the middle and spend 3 - 4 minutes working on your chosen pose.
- 5 minute centering and silent meditation. Exclusive app subscribers, listen to the quote from Dec 15, 2015 first before your meditation.
- 10 minute gentle yoga for neck and shoulders
- 20 minute upper body strength video
- Pause video in the middle and intermediate/advanced - practice the transition between headstand and crow. Then, spend 3-4 minutes practicing handstand push ups. Beginners, practice either headstand or crow, followed by 3-4 minutes practicing handstand holds against the wall. Then, everyone: take 3-4 minutes practicing your chosen pose.
- 2o minute yoga with a strap
- Stay positive yoga sequence.
- Beginners, spend 5 minutes practicing handstand against a wall. Then, decide if you want to try practicing shoulder taps. If not, then just stick with the static handstand against the wall without moving.
- Intermediate/advanced: spend 5 minutes practicing handstand against a wall, and shoulder taps. Then, turn around and practice handstand away from the wall. If you have the intermediate video bundle, fast forward through the arm balance video and practice handstand feet claps.
- Everyone: spend 3 - 4 minutes practicing your chosen pose.
- Check in on instagram with #ybcyogis and #newmewithybc.
Day 22 : Rest day
- 5 minute centering and silent meditation. Exclusive app subscribers, listen to the quote from November 17, 2015 first before your meditation.
- If you have the video bundles, do the 60 minute slow flow video. Everyone else, do this 60 minute slow flow video.
- Pause video in the middle and spend 3 - 4 minutes practicing your chosen pose.
- Warm up - 5 -7 breaths in each pose.
- Chest opening - 5-7 breaths in each pose.
- Open heart yoga practice. 5-7 breaths each pose.
- Get strong sequence - 5 - 7 breaths each pose.
- Today we are working with binds! Intermediates or beginners who are quite flexible in the shoulders - choose one of these to work on for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Spend 3 - 4 minutes practicing your chosen pose.
- End in 5 minutes legs up the wall.
Shop the look below