With the holiday season fast approaching, I wanted to create a sequence that would help to detox, unwind and keep us in positive spirits. This little sequence is short but effective to do just that. The detoxing pose comes from the thread-the-needle twist right at the beginning. The twist puts a bit of compression on the internal organs and when we unravel from the twist, we’re sent a new rush of blood. The nod to unwinding and destressing comes from the child’s pose at the end, and the intention for positivity comes from the heart opening wild thing pose and high lunge variation above. I hope you enjoy.
1. Begin in tabletop pose with knees hip distance and under the hips. Neutral pelvis and long spine. Breathe a few deep breaths here.
2. Raise your arm to the sky and pause for a second there to feel length from finger tips to finger tips before moving into thread the needle pose.
3. For thread the needle, bring the bottom shoulder down to the ground. Breathe 3 - 5 breaths.
4. Downward facing dog for 3 - 5 breaths.
5. Three legged dog for 3 - 5 breaths. From there, bend the lifted leg and....
6. Flip the dog into wild thing pose.
7. From wild thing, breathe a few breaths and when you're ready, come back into three legged dog and then step the lifted leg to the front for high lunge variation with the hands behind the head.
8. After breathing 3 - 5 breaths in the high lunge, bring the hands down and step back into plank position. Try to hold for 5 - 10 breaths before bringing the knees down into child's pose.
9. Stay in child's pose for however long you like. When you're ready, come into tabletop pose (picture number 1) and go through the entire sequence again with the opposite side.
Hope you enjoy this!