I hope you're as excited as I am about this program! The first few days were likely a breeze. This week might get a little tougher as the work week starts today, and we kind of have to return to real life after a few great weeks celebrating the holidays. Stay the course and remember you can always heave over to the Yoga Forum to check in and chat with others participating in the program!
Note: If you have been a subscriber to the YBC Official App for a while, I'll be adding content from the past as part of this program. If you have not opted into the paid portion of the YBC App, no worries- I have alternatives for you. But if you do want to opt-in, it's $1.99/mo and you will get a 20 minute video right away and each week you'll receive either a recorded message (a quote, a meditation or a yoga tip) or a yoga video that we will use in future programs.
- Choose a favorite inspirational quote, read it, and spend three minutes meditating after reading it. Alternatively, if you have the YBC Official App, listen to the quote from September 22, 2015 in the exclusive section.
- 30 minute feel good yoga
- Pause video in the middle and spend 1 minute working on your chosen pose if applicable.
- Then, take 5 breaths in prasarita padottanasana c before resuming the 30 minute video.
- breathing and warm up video
- 3 - 5 breaths boat pose
- 15 minute abs and gentle yoga
- Beginners work on crow pose for 1 - 5 minutes. Watch out for these common mistakes.
- Intermediates work on tripod headstand. (People new to tripod can try it with blocks.) If you're fab at headstand, give this sequence a try in tripod base rather than supported headstand base.
- Everyone: spend 1 minute working on your chosen pose if applicable.
- End in supine twist for 30 seconds each side and 5 minute savasana.
- 1 minute breathing in supta baddha konasana
- Warm up with core work.
- 30 seconds each side with this core exercise (just do it on the floor if you don't have a stability ball)
- 15 minute hip opening video
- Hold for 15 - 30 seconds each side in baby grasshopper.
- Spend 1 minute working on your chosen pose if applicable. Take a photo and check in on instagram with #ybcyogis and #newmewithybc. Don't forget that if your account is private, we won't be able to see you :(
- End with this relaxing yoga video.
- 5 minute guided meditation. Alternatively, if you have the YBC Official App, do the guided meditation from October 13th in the exclusive section.
- warm up
- 10 minute yoga for leg strength
- 30 minute power yoga
- Pause video in the middle and spend 2 minutes working on your chosen pose if applicable.
Day 9 : Rest Day
- 5 minute warm up
- Beginners do the 1-5-1 push up party
- Intermediates do the 1-8-1 push up party
- 30 minute slow flow with blocks (just use anything similar you have or skip the blocks if you don't have any)
- Pause video in the middle and spend 2 minutes working on your chosen pose if applicable
Let us know how it's going for you down in the comments below!