PSA: We have an opportunity to do a little YBC tour through Australia. If you're interested in a retreat or workshop, let us know.
We’ve been working furiously ever since the summer YBC Mantra Box went out in June, and today I wanted to share a little unveiling of what went in it. If you're new here, the YBC Mantra Box is a quarterly healthy living subscription box. Each quarter, the box has a different mantra, a little note from me, and a bunch of fantastic products from small businesses in the health, living and wellness industries. We curated each box to have 10 items depending on what type of box was chosen (vegan, paleo, etc). The boxes sell for $49.99 and the retail for June's box was about $150. Not bad!
Now, if you’ve been a YBCer for a while, you know that I loathe doing vlogs (here's my first one). They just feel super awkward to me - I'm really uncomfortable being in front of the camera unless I'm teaching or doing a yoga pose - but I felt a vlog was the best way to show you the Mantra Box. So without further ado:
Healthy living subscription box contents - June
King and Bride: Soap & salve.
- Brand mission: King and Bride creates and delivers a minimally processed product, crafted with locally-sourced, organic and natural ingredients without compromising quality, and made with love… just as our ancestors have done in times past.
- Retail Price: soap- $10; Salve- $8(2oz), $5(1oz)
- Coupon code: YBCMANTRA20 for 20% off
- What does your company do to give back?: King & Bride LLC is about making our products with love and sharing the love with others. In the past, I have participated in donating soap to food drives and the less fortunate. I plan to donate to more local charities as the company grows.
Klio Tea: Organic green mountain tea.
- Brand mission: Organic, naturally caffeine-free herbal teas from the mountains of Greece - delicious, rich in antioxidants, polyphenols and many other phyto-nutrients. Hand farmed, hand harvested, hand packed, loose leaf, single varietal and unprocessed - the same way the ancient Greeks enjoyed them.
- Retail Price: $11.00 (free shipping)
- Coupon code: YBC1 for 15% off
- Why was the company started?: Steve Raftopoulos founded Klio Tea after recognizing the unique health properties of Greek herbal teas. Consumed since the time of antiquity, and a key part of the healthy Mediterranean diet, these delicious herbal teas are potent sources of antioxidants and phyto-nutrients. Our purpose is to bring these delightful treasures of Greece to health minded people everywhere.
- What does your company do to give back?: By developing markets for Greek herbal teas outside of Greece we hope to provide a much needed boost of economic activity for small farmers in the rural mountain regions of Greece. This is particularly important now as Greece is suffering profoundly from a deep and prolonged recession.
Fitglow Beauty: Lip gloss or sea toning mist.
- Brand slogan: beauty. nature. performance.
- Retail Price: $24 for lip gloss, $29 for sea toning mist.
- Coupon code: YBCGLOW for 15% off.
- Why was the company started?: Fitglow Beauty was started as a personal dream to create effective natural products that would not irritate rosacea-sensitive skin while providing effective ingredients to fight free radical damage and slow down the effects of aging. Simple beauty solutions that perform with an active lifestyle to lift spirits and create confidence.
- How does your company give back?: Fitglow Beauty works on creating positive impact by working with animal protection groups and local causes including migrant workers.
Soulful Essence: Mat cleaner.
- Brand mission: Find Your Essence.
- Retail Price: $23
- Coupon code: CANDACE for 25% off
- Why was the company started?: Soulful Essence was created because I wanted to create products for people, like me, who often feel disconnected, overwhelmed and stressed out. On my journey of self-discovery, I’ve come to understand that we are all interconnected, and I’ve realized that my actions and moods have far reaching effects on the world at large. I’ve discovered that it is my responsibility to find balance and thrive in everyday life and to help others to do the same.
- What does your company do to give back?: We give a portion of our proceeds to the Everglades Foundation which is dedicated to protecting and restoring America’s Everglades. The Foundation seeks to reverse the damage inflicted on the Everglades ecosystem and provide policymakers and the public with an honest and credible resource to help guide decision-making on complex restoration issues.
Activz: Fruit and veggie powders.
- Brand mission: Whole food nutrition, simplified. Making it easier to get your nutrition from whole food sources.
- Retail Price: $22-$41
- Coupon code: Candace15 for 15% off first order
- Why was the company started?: Activz was born out of the pursuit of founder, Frank Davis, for a food-based remedy to his chronic health disorders. After considerable research including personal testing, Frank's health was restored and Activz' first product was created. Since then Activz has developed an industry leading product line of truly innovative whole food products with a No-Synthetics Guarantee. Providing health conscious individuals with nutritional products made not from synthetic chemicals but directly from whole food sources is the singular focus of Activz.
- What does your company do to give back?: Activz often donates food to local food banks as well as humanitarian aid to communities impacted by natural disasters.
Toms: Coffee & gift card.
- Brand mission: With every product you purchase, TOMS will help a person in need. One for One.®
- Retail Price: 12oz Whole Bean $12.99.
- Coupon code: CTSUMMER15 for $5 off
- Why was the company started?: While traveling in Argentina in 2006, TOMS Founder Blake Mycoskie witnessed the hardships faced by children growing up without shoes. Wanting to help, he created TOMS Shoes, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a new pair of shoes for a child in need. One for One®.
- What does your company do to give back?: Building our community is a crucial part of TOMS – giving supporters the tools to spread the word about the One For One® movement. It’s a way for supporters to engage actively with our brand in ways beyond our products and connect with our movement.
Erbaviva: Body oil.
- Brand mission: Erbaviva was born to bring the world a luxurious collection of the purest organic skincare products available. The exclusive, handmade collection is Certified USDA Organic, distinctively pure, and authentically nurturing.
- Retail Price: $29
- Why was the company started?: With a passion for pure ingredients and their own children as inspiration, Robin Brown and Anna Cirronis created Erbaviva, a beautiful line of authentically organic skincare products for baby, mothers-to-be and everyone else. The result is distinctive products, consciously crafted with ultimately nourishing living herbs and botanicals and free from harsh detergents, chemical fragrances and other unhealthy additives. Erbaviva remains ever true to its originating philosophy of authenticity and enduring commitment to people and the environment with its products, manufacturing and global community service.
- How does your company give back?: Erbaviva is a proud financial supporter of The Blink Now Foundation and its invaluable work to sustain and care for the lives of impoverished children in Nepal. Since the founding of the company, Erbaviva has also been an integral part of an artisan project fund that provides direct financial benefit to the Pwo Karen hill tribe of Northern Thailand and Burma, called Sop Moei Arts. All of Erbaviva’s products are compassionately made by hand at the company’s own renewable energy powered facility in Southern California. A Certified B Corporation, Erbaviva consistently implements and supports sustainable and environmentally responsible principles with every practice and partnership as possible.
Emmy’s Organics: Macaroons.
- Brand mission: At Emmy's Organics, we are committed to YOU having it all. We pride ourselves on the quality, creativity and sustainability of our products and company. Our products are clean, delicious and made with LOVE.
- Retail Price: $2.99
- Coupon code: YOGABYCANDACE for 20% off
- Why was the company started?: Emmy’s Organics, Inc. was started by couple Ian & Samantha in 2009 in Ian’s mother’s home kitchen in Ithaca, NY. After struggling for many years with digestive problems, Ian had to change his lifestyle at a young age to avoid gluten, dairy and other irritants. His path led him to learn and work with raw, vegan foods in a number of restaurants and cafés. After meeting Samantha, the couple realized that they both shared a similar passion for health and well-being and decided to sell Ian's macaroon recipe to local stores in Ithaca. The rest is history.
- What does your company do to give back?: Emmy’s is a home grown, family-oriented company, committed to spreading the good word about healthy snacking as well as social and environmental responsibility. Emmy’s B Corp Certification also shows the company’s strong passion for using business as a force for good. Examples of this can be seen in the organic and non-GMO ingredients Emmy’s sources, the way they give back to their community and other causes and the way they treat all people involved with their business. Emmy’s products are made in a wind and solar powered building and much attention is placed on reducing their carbon footprint.
Wonderfully Raw Gourmet: Dipperz.
- Brand Mission: 1 lb of veggies in each bag dipped and ready to munch.
- Retail Price: $3.99
- Coupon Code: WR20
- Why was the business started?: Wonderfully Raw Gourmet was started because I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in 2006. I then started to do some research and found the medicine I needed to reclaim my health in raw foods. As we often see, a bump in the road can launch a new and wonderful journey; which it did for me as i am now medicine free.
- How does your company give back?: We donate charitable contributions to local schools.
My Other Bag: Tote/pouch.
- Brand mission: My Other Bag is a line of stylish, yet eco-friendly, cheeky tote bags, made in the USA. For designer handbag junkies gone environmentally conscious!
- Retail Price: $25 - $35
- Coupon code: social10 for 10% off
- Why was the company started: My Other Bag was started when the plastic bag ban on groceries was put into effect in Santa Monica, CA. Tara Martin left her local grocery store realizing she needed to buy cute, reusable tote bags for all her shopping. Scouring the internet she couldn't find any she lover so 30 days later My Other Bag was up and running!
Vital Proteins: Collagen peptides canister.
- Brand mission: We believe whole food based nutrition containing collagen is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our ancestors utilized sustainable whole animal nutrition, which provided an abundant amount of collagen; yet over the past century, modern food processing has practically removed this natural and healthy protein from our diets, while collagen remains vital for our body since it is the basic building block of skin, hair, nails, bones and joints.
- Retail Price: 10oz - $24.00; 20oz $41.00
- Coupon code: YOGABYCANDACE20 - Offer: 20% OFF + FREE Shipping - Valid until Sunday, August 9, 2015
- Why was the company started: Avid sports enthusiasts and athletes, we at Vital Proteins are a team of holistic health & wellness advocates dedicated to providing 100% natural, whole food proteins that support wellbeing and sustainable eco-friendly practices.
- How does your company give back?: We are committed and active stewards of eco-friendly living who encourage and help others live happy, healthy and sustainable lives. We do this through a variety of means including local activism, volunteerism and donations of product to a variety of communities across the country and abroad.
Wild Zora: Meat and veggie bar.
- Brand mission: We at Wild Zora make The ORIGINAL Meat & Veggie Bar from all-natural meats and organic veggies.
- Retail Price: $4
- Coupon code: yogabycandace
- Why was the business started: In early 2011 our family started to learn about Gluten-Free, Paleo, and Primal food because we just didn’t feel good about feeding sweet, grain-filled snacks to our kids! Jerky proved no better, as so many contain nitrates and MSG and all of them are just too tough and too salty. When we’re hungry, we crave lasting energy: something substantial, savory, and nutritious, and so in 2013 we created our own alternative by mixing 100% grass-fed beef from a local rancher along with fresh vegetables from our garden, making super tasty meat and veggie snacks that our family really enjoyed!
- What does your company do to give back: We've tried to be as supportive as we can, in whatever ways we can, to those people and businesses who promote healthy "real food" and fight the good fight against "Big Food" businesses and the upside-down food pyramid.
Fall YBC Mantra Box
I can't believe we're talking about fall already! But things are moving quickly and we're ready to rock and roll, so we're pleased to announce the YBC Mantra Box is now available for pre-order! Here's what you need to know:
- You have a choice: vegan/vegetarian, GAPS/paleo, gluten-free and an "I eat all the things" box.
- If you're male, just let us know and we'll replace any beauty products with something more manly. :) Or you could gift them to an awesome lady in your life!
- The boxes will ship out in September.
- Act fast and order now! There are only 100 boxes available!
Shop the look below