Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all items are from interesting, noteworthy, small businesses we believe in whose products we love. Thank you for supporting the companies that support YBC.
Overall, I liked school, and for the most part, didn't have a problem getting up in the morning. All the way up through high school, my mom would make us breakfast. I didn't have an alarm, I'd just smell breakfast being made from downstairs and roll out of bed. French toast one day, scrambled eggs the next, oatmeal the next, pancakes the day after - she really made an effort to start the day off on the right foot with a good, hearty breakfast. She made breakfast for us everyday, actually, but for some reason I always associate a good breakfast with the start of the school year.
Back then, as a kid, I didn't really appreciate it. Or rather, I didn't really acknowledge what a nice way it is to start the day with a little small talk with the fam before going off in our own directions, but as fall rolls around and my brother and I are all grown up and off doing our own things I find myself miss those days.
I'd love to hear a favorite school memory, if you're up for sharing. Did you start the day off a certain way? Any funny memories from your high school or college days? I'd love to hear down in the comments below and by commenting, you'll be entered to win a
1. Glitter and Bold Nama’stay in bed mug. This adorable mug is handmade to order, and I love that it incorporates a little yoga love with a play on 'namaste.' Discount Code: namastay for 15% off anything in the Etsy shop until Nov 1st (excludes all custom listings)
2. Livin Spoonfuls Sprouted Crackers. These yummy snacks will hold you over between breakfast and lunch. With only ten little ingredients (many of them spices), these ginger snaps are the perfect healthy snack on the go. Discount Code: YOGABYCANDACE for 10% off until Oct 11th.
3. Rickaroons Variety pack. For an indulgent after school snack, the rickaroon is the perfect choice. It's dense, moist, and so, so satisfying. The best part? It's made with real, wholesome ingredients so it's a healthier dessert you can feel good about giving your kids (or eating it yourself!). Discount Code: yoga for 15% off.
4. Earth Easy Scrubba Wash Bag. This is something I would've la-la-loved to have in college! It's basically a portable washing machine offering all my college people a way they can save a little extra (holla!). Discount Code: SCRUBBA10 for 10% off.
5. Branch Basics Travel Kit - Conventional cleaning products need to step aside because Branch Basics is on the block and this stuff works. The little travel kit includes an all-purpose cleaner, foaming soap and a bottle of concentrate to ensure you're always covered when you're in the classroom. Discount Code YBC20 for 20% off first-time buyers until Oct. 7th.
6. TerraCycle Circuit Board Clipboard and Jotter. These are such great eco-friendly, up-cycled school essentials. The clipboard is made out of old circuit boards and provide an even surface to write on. The jotter is a notebook with covers made from recycled lunchables packaging. Surely a way to stand out from the crowd at school.
To enter, just leave a comment below telling us a favorite school memory. Maybe a morning or after school ritual? Any funny memories from high school or college days? Are you still in touch with your elementary, middle, or high school best friend? Once you leave a comment, just head to the rafflecopter widget to let us know you left a comment.
Two winners will be chosen on October 5, 2015. One US winner and one Canadian winner will be entered to win. The Canadian winner will receive the clip board from TerraCycle. The US winner will receive everything else.
If you have an email you use for promotional correspondence, feel free to use that one because by entering the giveaway, you give permission to the sponsors to contact you via email with occasional promotional correspondence.