*Update June 6, 2017 - We have filled the slots we needed for our summer calendar and are no longer actively looking for guest writers. Please keep your eyes peeled, though, because we'll be doing this again in the fall. Thanks so much! Candace
If there's one thing I've learned about our YBC Community, it's that it's made up of incredible people. You're thoughtful, smart, ambitious, and kind. Here's the deal. July is a crazy travel month for me. I will be scheduling some blog posts ahead of time, but I thought maybe we could sprinkle in some posts from our fellow #YBCYogis to deepen our connection.
Why might you want to write a post for us? Well, let me count the ways... just kidding, haha. I can't guarantee you'll become blog-famous overnight, but I can guarantee people will read it. Probably a lot of people. And if you have a budding blog, this would be a good opportunity to get some eyes and ears on what you do and perhaps direct some traffic your way. Or perhaps you're not a blogger, but you are passionate about writing and would like to share a lesson you've learned. Or maybe you're a natural foods chef and want to share a killer recipe you just dreamed up. In the words of Jerry Maguire, help me help you, my friends.
But, alas, if you're pitch is picked, we won't be able to, um, show you the money. But, if your writing is stellar and you have lots of other ideas, we may bring you on as a contributing writer in the future, at which point we would be happy to talk about a paying gig.
We're looking for yoga lifestyle verticals - things yoga people would enjoy reading, but that are not about yoga. Ideas:
- Something personal, meaningful, vulnerable, raw. (Example: Perhaps a trauma you endured, and what you learned.) Between 350-500 words.
- A unique solution to a problem. (Example: Essential oil blend to eradicate bed bugs, or The one surprising natural thing to cure a hangover immediately.) Around 350 words.
- A unique list of some sort (10 Books That...., 8 Ways To...., etc.)
If you meet the requirements, feel free to submit your pitch using the form below and we will contact you within two weeks if your pitch has been selected.
- You must have excellent grammar and command of the English language.
- Your social profile must be public (so we can link to you).
- You must be able to include original high resolution images to help tell the narrative of your story (not camera phone photos).
Thanks so much for considering to help us out and ultimately, to help develop a deeper connection within the YBC Community.
And PS - If you're more of a reader than a writer, feel free to submit any requests for future blog posts you'd like to see by using the comments section below!