In the Bag is a monthly sponsored post on YBC in which we feature products we love for a specific activity. While YBC was compensated for the post, all opinions are our own, and we are committed to working with brands we love, whose products we would buy and use ourselves.
When I was in LA for the summer last year, I realized that brunch was, like, a thing that people did. I mean, not just some people. All the people. It was just so different from what I was used to - it seemed like every restaurant had a special brunch menu and you'd have to make reservations way in advance.
In Germany, where I had spent the majority of the previous year, on Sundays you'd find people hanging out with their families, going on family bike rides or hikes. Maybe it was just the area we were in, but brunch was a thing at just one restaurant in town so the LA brunch scene was something that really stood out to me while I was there.
I'm not a brunch person only because when I wake up I need to eat right away or I start to get hangry. Is that weird? Are you a brunch person? What are your weekends generally like?
My weekends are usually the same - get up early, go to the gym before it gets too crowded, come home and shower, and then do something - anything - except work. Usually I'll head to the local park with the dog, or try to work on getting stuff taken care of at home (it's still, um, quite....sparse. Since we moved in, we've purchased very little and unpacked all that we had but before we went to Europe we sold nearly everything). My favorite day of the weekend used to be Saturday because Sunday felt too close to Monday, but that was back when I wasn't crazy about my job. These days, I like Saturdays and Sundays equally. :)
Today we're giving away some goodies for a laid-back Sunday with a Bikram to Brunch theme. Cuz what's better than sweating it up, taking the best shower and meeting friends?
1. Scout backpack - I love the minimal design of this backpack for carrying clothing and a yoga towel to yoga class. By Huckberry, $195
2. Hot yoga towel - An obvious necessity for a Bikram class - or any hot yoga class for that matter. This one stands out with bright colors and a funky design. By Yoga Design Lab, $39
3. Cork yoga mat - This mat has the perfect amount of cushioning to protect joints but not so cushiony that it throws off balance. This bad boy is super durable, non slip and pretty freaking awesome. By Yoloha Yoga, $119
4. Cheeky tote - This tote (and their others) crack me up and I love it for throwing in my wallet, sunglasses, and other brunch necessities. By Hey Holla, $27. Use code HHYBC for 20% off until May 31, 2015.
Giveaway terms and rules
1. Due to shipping costs, one winner will receive everything except the Hey Holla Tote and our people across the pond in the UK and Europe can enter to win the Hey Holla tote! Hey Holla is based in the UK, so if you're in Europe, please say so in the last sentence in your comment! :) We are going to do our best to offer up some more goodies for our international readers in the coming months, and I thank you in advance for your patience as we plan and work with companies to make this happen.
2. A winner will be chosen via rafflecopter and announced on May 14th, 2015.
3. To enter, leave a comment, then click in the rafflecopter widget below that you've commented. All entries will be verified, so be sure you've done both.
4. If you have a separate email for promotional use, feel free to enter using that email address because by entering the giveaway, you consent to being added to the YBC weekly newsletter list and receiving occasional promotional emails from the participating brands.
5. To enter, just leave a comment telling us about your weekend. What day is your favorite? Do you do anything to make it special? Are you a brunch person?