Hey everyone! Today I am packing up and getting ready to head back to Europe for our Greece and Morocco retreats. You know what's crazy? I always wanted to have a job where I got to travel and could be my own boss and sometimes when I'm gearing up for a big trip like this it just hits me that I've accomplished what I always wanted to do. It's kind of crazy, but at the same time makes me feel so empowered. We really are capable of anything we put our minds to. Anyway, here are some pics from my camera roll lately:
My ankle sprain has been a real damper on my life lately, haha. I've learned that there are two schools of thought when it comes to dealing with an ankle injury.
The old school method was to stay off it, wear a boot if you need to walk, and take NSAIDs. The new school method is to rehab as soon as you can, lots of massage, movement, and ice it as needed. I went with the new school method and have been seeing improvement every day, and I'm so thankful for that. But it's definitely been tough, especially given that I need to teach. At this point, I can walk nearly perfectly, and have filmed a few yoga videos for the YouTube channel but I am definitely modifying as needed because that bruise is a BEAST.
In other news, I signed a licensing deal this past week and I am so excited to share the details when the project is ready to rock and roll. I am 100% confident that this is going to be a huge pick up for you guys!! Gahhhh, can't wait to share!
One of my former high school students is a serious boss in the design world and recently sent me some beeswax candles from his new collection. They smell amazing and I love that they're in travel tins which makes it easy to just throw in my bag for my upcoming trip. I've tried other beeswax candles in tins and found other tins to be too small which means the candles burn quickly and then they get halfway down and don't burn anymore for whatever reason. These tins are a substantial size. Still perfect for travel but will last a while! Check out Mizu for more - he also makes menswear accessories and by the looks of it, will be making sleep masks soon as well!
You guys know I'm kind of a gym rat so the ankle injury made me get creative with my workouts (although I did take three full days off when I first was injured). I've been getting up early for the last few days (5:45am) in order to try to help me deal with the jet lag later this week. I get up, eat, and then head to the gym. Today's workout:
- 20 minute fan bike (the worst, hate that thing!)
- 3 sets of 5 pull ups (with a band, let's be real)
- 3 sets of 4 tricep dips (no band, woop!)
- 3 sets of 8 cleans (bar weight)
- 3 sets of 30 weighed Russian twists (8 lbs)
- 3 sets of 5 deadlifts at 45 lbs
- 3 sets of 10 rows at 45 lbs
Lastly, I just want to share some upcoming events and reminders:
YBC teaching a class in Athens, Greece
- May 24, 2015 12-2pm at Bhavana Yoga Center. All details and RSVP here.
- The YBC mantra subscription box is still available for pre-order! We're featuring fantastic items from the health, fitness, wellness and beauty industries and we know you're going to love them! We have limited boxes left, so get yours while you can!
Morocco and Business of Blogging Retreat
- Two spaces left at our retreat in Marrakech! Get in touch now by submitting the form below.