PSA: Huge news! YBC is now offering video bundles that you can download and have on your device without needing wifi! Use code Ybcyogis for $10 off now through tonight at 11:59pm. And don't forget - you can now pre-order your spring YBC Mantra Box!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, we choose to work with small businesses whose products we love. All opinions - as always - are our own. Thank you for supporting the companies that support YBC.
About six or seven years ago, my parents announced that we weren’t going to do presents for Christmas. They were both kind of overwhelmed with everything they had going on and were disgusted by the commercialism and constant pressure to buy buy buy. I don’t remember caring that much, but my little brother who was maybe 19 years old or so, was really bummed. But instead of saying anything, he went out and got us all presents. Not just any old presents, but really, really thoughtful gifts and wrapped them all with care.
My gift was so big, all wrapped up complete with a bow and everything, that I couldn’t imagine what it could be. It was long and oddly shaped, and I carefully unwrapped it (I’m a wrapping paper saver), without a clue in the world as to what he might’ve bought me.
After unwrapping the gift, I held a giant, blank box in my arms. It wasn’t particularly heavy, but it definitely wasn’t light and I still didn’t have any idea what it was.
“Do you know yet?” my brother asked, with a smirk.
“No!” I said, honestly.
“Open it up!” he said.
I gently put the box on the ground and lifted the top off.
And there, at my feet, was a brand new acoustic guitar. My brother and I have always been somewhat musical. I mean, we’re no Jimi Hendrix, but we can play a bit and sing. Being the eldest, I was the one who picked up the guitar first, and when I left for college, I left my guitar home and he picked it up. I missed playing the guitar so much, and his gift remains one of the most thoughtful gifts anyone’s ever given.
Yesterday, while at my dad’s, I spotted it, and brought it home. I’ll cherish that guitar for the rest of my life. Not just because it’s a guitar - an instrument I’ve loved for most of my life - but because it was given to me by my little brother, on a year my parents said they weren’t going to do presents.
This year, we’ve put together a huge holiday gift guide giveaway. These are products we really love from small businesses we believe in. We’re picking two winners. One person will receive everything from “In the Stocking” and one person will receive everything from “Under the Tree” - and all you have to do is tell us a favorite holiday memory. Maybe it’s a favorite gift you received, or the weirdest/funniest gift you received. Maybe it’s one of your most cherished holiday memories or on the funniest/worst things to happen over the holidays. We love getting to know you all better, so we’re excited to hear your stories!
Once you leave a comment below, just click the rafflecopter widget to let us know you entered. If you have an email address you use for promotion use, use that because by entering, you agree to be added to the YBC weekend newsletter and have your email address shared with the sponsors who will be in touch with future promotions. This giveaway is open to those in the USA just due to shipping costs - so sorry to our international readers!
Two winners will be picked at random and announced on December 7, 2015. Good luck!
In the Stocking:
1. Yummi Yogi Cookie Cutter, $8 - This little yoga pose cookie cutter is the perfect gift for any yogi in your life. These cookie cutters don’t just belong in the kitchen - you can inspire yourself and your friends throughout the holidays by creating ornaments, bird-feeders, fun fruit shapes and DIY home decor - like this beautiful wreath! Plus, they’re made right here in the US.
2. Paleo Treats, $64 - Who doesn't love chocolate on ANY day, but especially during the Holidays?! I LOVE these Paleo Treats. They are best served frozen, and they have the most delicious flavors and textures (I'm a texture person) and I honestly cannot get enough. The best part is that they're made with whole ingredients.
3. Kynd Clothing Bamboo Sunglasses, $89 - These candy apple red heartbreakers are functional and fabulous. The unique heart-shaped frames are made from sustainable bamboo and the reflective lenses are polarized - what more could you ask for!? If hearts aren’t your jam don’t stress because Kynd has a variety of shapes and colors that are sure to please anyone on your shopping list this year. Use discount code ‘ilovekynd080’ for 30% off any order over $150 now through 12/31/15
4.SolYVIA Essential Oil Blends, $42 - This little essential oil travel set is to die for and has everything you might need while traveling around the holidays. Use discount code ‘YBCBF15’ for 40% off the Solyvia Travel Box and everything else in your shopping cart now through 12/15/15
5. Malaya Organics Rejuvenating Face Serum, $65 - This wildcrafted organic formula is the perfect all-in-one serum that is lifting, firming, deeply hydrating, rejuvenating and restorative all at once.
6. Dive In Deck Cards, $20 - Choose a card and dive in to ignite and inspire deeper conversation with friends and family around the holidays with this deck of conversation cards. They’re perfect to bring along to a party, make a new friend or liven up a long road trip home for the holidays. Use discount code ‘DiveInDeckTheHalls15’ for 10% off your order now through 12/15/15
7. Pura Botanicals Bath Salt, $28 (on sale now for $25) - Huge fan of this not only because I live for a scalding hot bath, but also because these luxurious bath salts leave my skin feels so smooth afterwards.
8. Osmia Organics Black Clay Facial Soap, $24 - I’ve loved this facial soap since the first time I’ve used it. It’s made with Australian black clay and Dead Sea mud to balance and tone the skin and the oils in it always leave my skin feeling flawless.
9. Chopra Yoga Center Ayurvedic Herbal Immune-support, $21 - While the holidays are a lovely time of year, it also happens to be the season of the sniffles, so I love the idea of gifting a little immune support with vedamune for family and friends. Use discount code ‘CANDACE20’ for 20% off now through 1/31/16.
Under the Tree:
1. Nina B Roze, Leggings, $105 - These super adorable heart-shaped leggings just melt my heart! The unique design is subtle, yet really cute! The fabric is super high quality, and the high waist band really holds you in. Treat yourself or the one you love to these high-quality compression leggings for the holidays - they won’t disappoint!
2. DynaPro Direct Balance Ball, $39.99 (on sale now for $19.76) - This is an excellent piece of equipment to have in your home. It's awesome for the yoga practice, and for working on overall core strength (hello, handstands) - although the options are really endless.
3. Earth Easy Scrubba Wash Bag, $49.95 - This little portable wash bag is the perfect gift for the avid camper and gym-goer alike. I also think it's a great gift for college students because it $aves money! Use discount code ‘SCRUBBA10’ for 10% off now through 12/1/15
4. HiQ Facial Serum, $125 - This anti-aging facial serum is the bomb dot com because it's packed with natural antioxidants, vitamins and plant extracts. A few drops is all you need to get your skin hydrated and feeling silky smooth. I really like this one because it’s super light weight and absorbs right into the skin. Use discount code ‘CANDACEYOGA’ for 15 % off your entire order now through 12/12/15.
5. La Mav Vegan Eyeshadows, $22.95 - These little bad boys can be used as eyeshadow or highlighters plus they’re 100% natural and made of pure earth minerals. Who wouldn’t love that wrapped up and topped with a pretty little bow?! I really like this brand because you can always count on them for safe, non-toxic products.
6. Serenity Goats, $6.50 - This is such a great soap. I love that it’s all natural and doesn’t irritate my skin at all, and the lavender is soothing and calming as well. Use code YBC10 for 10% off your order.
7. Yoga Brights Hot Yoga Towel, $24.97 - These vibrant towels are lightweight and super soft. All you have to do is place this little beauty on top of your yoga mat to soak up perspiration and prevent you from slipping while you practice. I recommend putting a little water where your hands and feet will be for the majority of the time and it helps secure the towel to the mat and ensure no slippage! Use discount code ‘YBC20’ for 20% off your order.
8. Erbaviva Mommy Essentials Gift Box, $76 (on sale now for $65) - Spoil your favorite mommy-to-be with these 3 organic pregnancy essentials uniquely designed to nurture the body, soul and skin. I really love this brand because they certify that all ingredients used are organic and non-GMO plus they practice sustainability and holistic farming. Use discount code ‘erbaYBC25’ for 25% off your entire order.
9. Aurore Resistance Bands, $39.95 (on sale now for $19.95) Aside from my jump rope, these are the one thing I am constantly throwing in my carry on when I travel because it just makes working out on the road so easy. Perfect for the holiday travelers and road warriors.
10. WayGood Tea - Savasana, $13.95 - This tea makes a great gift for those health-conscious, tea-loving friends and family. The cleansing properties of chamomile and peppermint are perfect for a post-holiday detox or for just feeling fresh and relaxed after a long hectic day. Use discount code ‘YBCWGT15’ for 15% off entire order now until 12/13/15
11. Headline Shirts, $24 - If you’re looking for the perfect light-hearted gift this season, look no more! This company makes great little graphic tees and tanks. Great for pre or post yoga class or just lounging around after a big holiday meal. Use discount code 'YOGAC30' for 30% off entire order.