This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all thoughts are our own. We are committed to working with brands we love and only featuring products we would use ourselves.
Oh, V-day. People either love it or loathe it. I'm one of those who love it, and one Valentine's Day in particular sticks out for me because I spent it with my best friend. We were both single and so we went out, and laughed the night away talking about our best, worst, and funniest dates. I have a lot of bad date stories, but here's one, if you have a sec.
So I went on a blind date. I showed up at the restaurant, and oh man, this guy was just not my type. I mean, not at all. I couldn't tell if he was just nervous or what but he just couldn't stop talking and he was talking a mile a minute. It was crazy. I found myself wondering if he was even breathing because he just didn't stop from the second I sat down. After the waiter came for our drink order (I ordered water), I look at him before he could start talking again and said, "Listen, I'm really sorry, I'm sure you're a great guy, but I'm going to save us both the energy and just be honest by saying I don't think this is going to work out."
He kind of looked relieved and said, 'Ok, well, I wish you the best," and I hightailed it outta there. Oh, dating. I totally don't miss you.
Anyway! Let's talk Valentine's Day. I do love a little Valentine's Day somethin'! Doesn't have to be anything crazy, just a thoughtful little gift means the world. Here are a couple things I'm currently crushing on.
1. Nina.B.Roze heart butt leggings, $105. - That heart on the bum just kills me! Subtle, yet really cute! The fabric is super high quality, and the high waist band really holds you in.
2. Jade Travel Yoga Mat, $50. - At 1/8in thick, this mat is light-weight and foldable, making it easy to throw in your luggage for travel.
3. Tico Shave Oil, $19. I'm a sucker for a good bath product, and I love that this is an organic, non-gmo shave oil suitable for both men and women (which totally works since I steal my husband's razor half the time). Also? It smells fantastic.
4. Righteously Raw Maca Bar, $33. Who doesn't love chocolate on Valentine's Day? I'm a big fan of this bar because it's organic and non-gmo (also vegan and gluten-free), and yet the flavor is THERE. The combo of maca and cacao makes for a super rich, nutty flavor that I love.
5. Real Beauty for a Cause Bath Bomb, $4.99. Huge fan of this not only because I live for a scalding hot bath, but also because this company picks a charity to support each month and 25% of purchases go toward their efforts. This month's charity is called the 4th Trimester Bodies.
6. Rose quartz mala necklace, $98. Perfect for someone looking to get into meditation, this pretty pink mala bead necklace is made our of rose quartz which is said to be helpful to open and purify the heart. It can be worn as a necklace or wrapped around the wrist.
7. Soleil cardigan, $68. I love this whisper thin pale pink cardigan for lounging around in the house or throwing on over leggings and running errands. It's soft and cozy, and has raw edge hem to keep it from feeling too much like a robe.
8. Yoga swing / hammock, $169. This yoga swing is lightweight, packable enough to throw into a backpack, and super versatile. Hang it from a tree branch for an elevated day at the park (see what I did there?) or mount it inside your home! The swing allows you to play around in inversions, stretch and lengthen, or just hang out with a book and treat it as a hammock. Love this!
9. Silky fleece robe, $42. Last Valentine's Day, my husband surprised me with a couple's massage. The spa area had a great lounge where afterwards we sipped tea and read the paper (best day ever!), and so many of the people there had such cute robes. I love this one, with its pretty pattern and short cut.
10. Aila nail polishes, $17 each. I just discovered this brand and I am so happy I did. They don't use any toxic ingredients, and focus on natural and organic to create the most beautiful polish colors. What's more, they donate a portion of each sale from this color to raise awareness for Sensory Processing Disorder, something from which the founder's daughter Aila suffers.
11. High Fashion Yoga leggings, $88. If bright, funky leggings are your jam, you'll want to give these a try! They're high compression, opaque, and have a diamond gusset. Boom.
Oh, you thought that was it? Wrong! Today we're offering up an amazing giveaway featuring the following items:
- heart butt leggings from Nina.B.Roze ($105 value)
- maca bar box from Righteously Raw ($33 value)
- travel yoga mat from Jade Yoga ($50 value)
- 3 natural polishes plus a base polish and "Better than Gel" top coat (not pictured) from Aila ($85 value)
- one pair of printed leggings from High Fashion Yoga ($88 value)
Let's keep the Valentine's Day la-la-love theme going and talk about our best, worst, or funniest dates.
- Share your story in the comments below, then...
- Click "I commented!" using the rafflecopter widget above the comment box.
Important: you must do both in order for your entry to be valid.
- All entries will be verified (i.e. make sure you leave a comment as well as enter using rafflecopter).
- This giveaway is open to those in the USA. I feel badly about this, but each country has different rules for giveaways. (In Canada, for example, apparently a winner cannot be chosen by random, but rather, some element of skill must be involved?) So to open it up to everyone would mean adding additional rules to ensure it complies with each country's laws. I apologize.
A winner will be chosen by random using randomize.org on Jan 27, 2015, and notified by email. That person will have 24 hours to reply with their shipping info. If that person doesn't respond, a new winner will be chosen.
If you have a separate email for promotional use, feel free to enter using that email address because by entering the giveaway, you consent to being added to the YBC weekly newsletter list and receiving occasional promotional emails from the participating brands.
UPDATE: Thanks for playing, you guys! It was so fun to read about your dates and get to know you better!! The winner (Lauren B.) has been emailed. Stay tuned for the next giveaway! xo