If you're wondering why there haven't been many recipes posted recently it's because I've been experimenting in the kitchen to come up with great recipes for my eBook, which comes out soon. The most recent recipe that's gained entry into the eBook is this grain-free apple crisp. I wasn't going to share it today, but I feel like making you wait would be cruel so find it below.
The eBook will include lots of other healthy recipes, yoga sequences for all levels and meditation prompts, and it'll be delivered (for free!) direction to the inbox of subscribers to the YogaByCandace newsletter (here's the most recent newsletter, if you want to take a peek.) The YBC newsletter goes out once every weekend and includes exclusive content like inspirational links from around the web and top posts you may have missed. Sign up below!
Ingredients for Grain-free Apple Crisp
- 5 apples, washed and thinly sliced. (I used Honeycrisp apples)
- butter, ghee or coconut oil for greasing the pan.
- 3T coconut oil
- 3T cinnamon
- 2T cloves
- 2T nutmeg
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 heaping tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4c coconut flakes
- 2T sunflower seeds
- handful of almonds, roughly chopped
- handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 egg (vegans can simply use water)
Directions for Grain-free Apple Crisp
- Pre-heat the oven to 350f.
- Grease the pyrex dish.
- Put the apples in the dish.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the apples.
- Sprinkle 1T of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg over apples.
- In a separate bowl, stir the coconut oil, coconut flakes, coconut flour, sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts, egg and remaining spices together. Don’t stir too much until it’s completely smooth - it should begin to clump together.
- Spread the mixture over the apples, making sure all the apples are covered.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy.