The winter? It's for hibernating. For being cozy, and quiet. For sipping tea and reading books under mountains of blankets. For being introspective and quiet. And that's a beautiful thing - a necessity, I'd argue. But by the end of winter, when spring rolls around, the time has come to get out of the cozy comforts of hibernation and do something new. Explore possibilities, and tune in to our true potential.
This May, we are heading to an oasis of beauty just outside Marrakech, in Morocco. If sunshine and laughs and yoga and relaxation sound exactly like what you need at the end of a long winter, then come join us!
Morocco Yoga Weekend Retreat Information
When and Where:
15 minutes outside of Marrakech, Morocco. May 28 - 31, 2015
A long weekend of serious yoga study, lounging by the pool, spa treatments, and exploring Marrakech.
We'll stay in a stunning private villa, an oasis of total tranquility and calm that boasts a beautiful pool, and lots of space for relaxing. The villa is 25 minutes from Jemaa el Fna, Marrakech's market square and the Marrakech Medina for shopping. We'll have full concierge service who can help book tours and suggest super fun things to do like visiting a hamam or shopping at the souk.
The villa boasts large, private rooms with Moroccan decor. Each bedrooms has its own en suite bathroom. Many of the rooms have a private terrace, while some are pool side.
- three night luxury accommodation in room of choice
- airport transfers to and from Marrakech Menara Airport
- all breakfasts
- 5 yoga workshops, schedule below
- one hour massage
- concierge service
Morocco Yoga Weekend Retreat Schedule:
Please note that I prefer my yoga retreats to be super relaxed. If there is a morning you want to sleep in, please sleep in. If there's an afternoon you would rather explore the town than come to class, that's ok! Whatever your soul needs, please do that. The classes are designed to be appropriate for all levels. Everyone from the total beginner to the seasoned yogi is welcome.
- Thursday, May 28, 2015, 6:00-7:15pm: Foundations of yoga. This is a back-to-basics class that goes over the finer details of alignment in yoga's most popular poses. Ends with a guided meditation
- Friday, May 29, 2015, 7:00-8:15am: Strong. This vinyasa flow class begins with a meditation and pranayama practice before moving into a powerful flow that intends to awaken our upper body and core power.
- Friday, May 29, 2015, 6:30-7:45pm: Hips. A slow flow, this workshop begins with meditation and then is all about opening up the hips to clear tension and unlock energy.
- Saturday, May 30, 2015, 7:00-9:00am: Learn to fly. This super fun workshop is two full hours of firing up our strength, and using that strength to lift up and take flight. With attention to safety and alignment, we'll explore headstand, crow pose, baby grasshopper, and more.
- Saturday, May 30, 2015, 6:00-7:00pm: Feel good. This vinyasa flow class is designed around a sequence that intends to open the heart to enable us to feel our best. Gentle backbends and a little sweat, and we're good to go.
I come from a background in teaching and I've developed a series of blogging workshops that is created for people who have a blog that just isn't seeing the traffic nor generating the income that it could. My specialized blogging workshops will give you all the tools you need to take your blog to the next level. A quick overview of the workshops is below. More details in the schedule that follows. If you choose to participate in the blogging workshops, you'll need to bring your computer, a notebook and pen, your cell phone and camera, and a calendar or agenda.
Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:00 - 10:00pm: Back to Blogging Basics: Determining your blog's vision, mission and potential. Determine your blog's reader profile and your blog's personality.
Friday, May 29, 2015 9:30am - 10:30am Uncovering the Secrets to Making Money from Your Blog: Determine ways your blog can generate revenue, and develop your blog's monetization strategy.
Friday, May 29, 2015 5:00 - 6:00pm Photography Tips and Photoshoot: The basics of taking and editing great photos for your blog and how to pose for photos to get the most flattering image. Then, you'll hop in front of the lens of our professional grade camera for a head shot photoshoot. You'll retain all rights to the photos and will be able to use them on your blog.
Saturday, May 30, 2015 10:30am - 11:30am Social Media Strategy: Learn what social media platforms are out there, how to use them, what content to share through each platform, and how to grow your following.
Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:30 - 4:30pm Marketing and Content: Develop a marketing plan for your blog, and create a content calendar specifically for your blog. Further, learn how to identify brands within your blog's niche and how to reach out to them to ensure a response.
Saturday, May 30, 3015 4:30 - 5:30 - Secrets to a Successful YouTube Channel: The basics of what makes a great video, how to use your YouTube platform to generate revenue, and how to grow your following. Plus, what to do after your YouTube Channel to grow your blogging business.
Saturday, May 30 8:30 - 9:00pm Bloggers' Tea Time: a question and answer session about anything we didn't cover.
Morocco Yoga Weekend Retreat Price:
Please note that payment can be made via paypal gift option, bank transfer or credit card with 2% processing added. Book your spot now by paying the 50% deposit via credit card.
- Shared room: 780 euros without blogger workshops, 980 euros with blogger workshops
- Private room: 980 euros without blogger workshops, 1180 euros with blogger workshops