PSA: Our spring discovery box, the YBC Mantra Box is now available for pre-order soorder yours today! (Here's what was in our winter box.) And, if you have the YBC App and take a min to review it, send a screenshot of your review to Lauren and we'll send you a little something in thanks. Lastly, don't forget to enter to win our Winter Yogi Essentials giveaway!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored in part by RAD Roller, Clever Yoga, Zosimos Botanicals, Lotus Wei and Three Minute Egg. While we were compensated for the post, all opinions - as always - are out own. We choose to work with companies we believe in whose products we love. Thank you for supporting the companies that keep YBC alive.
Over on the Yoga Forum, readers are sharing their thoughts in their own personal blogs, and something that's come up recently is what happens when you find yourself running away from the practice. Like you know that it's good for you and will help you but you just find yourself making excuses to avoid the mat.
When this happens to me, I listen to my body. If I'm avoiding the practice for some reason, I really will just avoid the practice. I feel like it's my body's way of saying, "I need a break." When I sat down and thought about it, I realized this makes sense. I turned my passion into a job which on one hand is awesome. But on the other hand, it means I live and breathe yoga-related stuff all day and sometimes I just need a break. I think, in a way, that's why I've been focusing on things like weightlifting and pole dancing - because I love to be active, and I find that when I'm in the zone, they both offer the same meditation in motion that yoga does as well.
But yesterday, after maybe three or more weeks of a break from yoga, I returned to my first true love and got on the mat. It was delicious and rejuvenating, and just what I needed. But the key, I think - was letting myself have that break, not getting down on myself with some preconceived idea of what I should be doing, and just trusting that my body knows best.
I'd love to know what you do when you find yourself avoiding the practice down the comments below.
Somewhat related, the other day on instagram someone asked if I could share the contents of my yoga bag, so here goes.
1. An old Vogue that I still haven't read.
2. A book my mom recently gave me.
3. A yoga strap from Clever Yoga, a woman owned company I love. (use code 15FORYBC for 15% off)
4. An ergo dynamic yoga block by Three Minute Egg. Its sleek design is also functional, as it fits snug against the body in a number of different poses. (Use code YBCbag for 10% off now through March.)
5. A lightweight vest from Vimmia, since it still feels like fall.
6. A gorgeous lotus mala bead necklace for meditation.
7. A big cozy scarf I bought in Dubai.
8. A RAD Roller to get the kinks out in my back. This handy little tool weighs next to nothing, making it easy to throw in a yoga or gym bag. It's excellent for pre or post workout/yoga and I love that you can choose between the original RAD Roller, stiff or soft - leaving something for everyone. (use discount code ybc20 for 20% off)
9. My favorite Lotus Wei serum (made from flowers, whaaat?!) - it smells delicious, is 100% all natural, and absorbs instantly into the skin leaving your face feeling smooth as silk.
10. A cricket bar in case the dreaded hanger descends upon me.
11. All natural vegan make up remover pads from Zosimos Botanicals which I love because they're compact, easy to travel with and get all the makeup (even waterproof!) off in one swipe. (Use code YOGICANDACE now through the 31st for 10% off.)
12. My current yoga bag from MOB.
Shop the look below