This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all opinions are our own. We are committed to working with small businesses we love, whose products we would buy and use ourselves.
St Patrick's Day was never a big thing for me, except for one year in college, I went out (wearing green, duh) and found myself in the middle of a dance off (haha, #ohcollege). Anyway, I wound up winning the dance off and pocketing $200! Woop!
But this year, instead of just talking about green things - I wanted to take it a step further and focus in on being green. As a kid, I used to keep this book in my back pocket, and was our household's water police when it came to letting the water run while brushing teeth. As an adult, I still make sure to turn off the water when I brush, and I have been known to make friends stop the car if they've littered (I will jump out of the car to pick up a gum wrapper, I know it might sound crazy). So today we're hosting a giveaway in celebration not only of St Patrick's Day, but also for the sustainability focus we're honing in on this spring. (See the cricket post here and look for some fun DIY projects coming up.)
1. Dried green juice - This little packet by Aloha packs a punch! It's superfoods in a little pouch so you can stay healthy on the go. New customers can receive a free trial (just pay shipping).
2. Bamboo sunglasses - We're crazy about these handcrafted bamboo shades by Woodies. Pictured here is a green pair, but the giveaway will actually be a pair with blue reflective lenses. $30
3. Shake your asana tank - Obviously we're in love with this cheeky tank by Inner Fire for both on and off the mat. These are handprinted and the leggings from the line are made from recycled water bottles. $30
4. Colloidal silver spray - This stuff from Hylunia is wonderful. The Colloidal Silver's germ-fighting properties with lavender are soothing and calming for the skin. $34
5. Wallet made from recycled bags - We love this company, Torrain, that has purchased feed bags that were not disposed of properly to create wallets and other goods. Upcycling at its finest. $34
6. Beeswax candles - Beeswax candles are my absolute favorite. Why? Because they emit negative ions that help remove contaminates from the air. It also emits a very faint scent of honey, which is always an added bonus! This candle is by Bee Squared. $10
7. Tee with a message - This shirt, from Be Kind Vibes, encourages people to think about our oceans. It's printed on eco-friendly hemp/cotton material, and $1 from each purchase is donated to a non-profit dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of oceans, waves, and beaches. $35
Giveaway terms and rules
1. Due to shipping costs, this giveaway is open to those in the United States. We are going to do our best to offer up some goodies for our international readers in the coming months, and I thank you in advance for your patience as we plan and work with companies to make this happen.
2. A winner will be chosen via rafflecopter and announced on March 24, 2015.
3. To enter, leave a comment on this post. Let's talk either about St Patty's Day or (and?!) about your favorite ways to help the earth. Are you artsy? Any upcycling projects you've done? Share them with #YBCgreen on instagram. Then click in the rafflecopter widget below that you've commented. All entries will be verified, so be sure you've done both.
4. If you have a separate email for promotional use, feel free to enter using that email address because by entering the giveaway, you consent to being added to the YBC weekly newsletter list and receiving occasional promotional emails from the participating brands.