Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, we are committed to working with companies we believe in and whose products we love and would purchase for ourselves. Thanks for supporting the companies that support YBC.
PSA: We're almost sold out of our Costa Rica Yoga Retreat - so sign up now to secure your spot! Also, the summer YBC Mantra Box, which will ship in June, is now available for pre-order! We sell out every time, so be sure to snag yours right away! (Here's what was in our winter box!) And, don't forget to screenshot your review of our YBC Official App toLauren and we'll send you a little gift in thanks. And lastly, we now offer video bundles for beginner and intermediate yogis ready to take their practice to the next level.
The funny thing about the weather warming up is that our bodies kind of lie to us. When I've been holed up inside with blustery winds outside all winter and then all of the sudden it's 45 degrees and sunny, my body is like, "Woo! Bust out the tank tops because I'm about to sweat like I've just run through the Sahara desert!"
One particular spring, years ago, I listened to my body, and lugged my box of spring clothes down from the attic. I pulled out a chambray sundress that looked sort of like this but more form fitting. It was a super comfortable, easy, 3/4 length dress with spaghetti straps and a little bit of spandex so it was stretchy and retained its shape throughout the day. I put it on and felt like a million bucks. I went out to do my errands.
I got gas, which, by the way, I freaking hate doing. (Shout out to Jersey for not allowing people to pump their own gas. Wait, do they still do that?!) I don't really mind it in the summer but in the winter it makes me rage. Anyway, I went inside to pay. While in line, an older man came up from behind and whispered in my ear, "I really don't mean to stare. I mean, I swear I wasn't staring but, uh, you have something on the back of your dress."
I whipped around and pulled the back of the dress around and yep, sure enough, all over my butt there was some sort of sticky substance and then two dead bugs.
I threw my hands up to the sky. Really?
I had been so excited to get in my spring dress that I didn't bother shaking it out when I pulled it down from the attic. Sigh.
This, by the way, is the story of my life. I am pretty much always running around sporting a stained something or other. One of these days I'll get it together.
Or actually, maybe that'll just be my signature thing. Like how Anna Wintour always wears those gem necklaces even when they don't go with her outfit. Or like how Amy Winehouse wore that thick cat-eye. Or how Gwen Stefani wears those signature red lips. Maybe that'll be my thing. Like oh yeah, there's Candace, who might look ok from afar but up close you can bet your bottom dollar there's a stain on something she's wearing! Don't worry, it's her thing.
I'd love to hear a story about your funny wardrobe stories down below in the comments. And if you don't have one, well then I salute you, my friend. Teach me your ways.
1. Work Hard (on sale for $8, normally $12) and Dream It ($12) Inspyr Socks - I have a thing about socks. They need to fit just right and have a little bit of padding at the bottom so you can parade around your house in comfort. Maybe I'm weird, don't judge me. These socks hit it out of the park. They are just really, really well constructed and perfect for lounging around the house as well as wearing for running errands and working out. The real thing that makes them stand out, however, is the inspirational reminder printed on each pair. Here we have Work Hard on the tall socks and Dream It on the crew socks. Love that.
2. Silver and Sage True Self Mala ($118) This is one of the most gorgeous mala necklaces I've seen. It's got beautiful matte amazonite which is accented by matte smoky quartz, silver-plated brass, carved bone and a "long-life" guru bead. It's nice and long, so you can wear it with boho dresses, to class, or wrap it around your wrist a bunch of times for a cool stacked look.
3. Jill Milan Ladies Continental Wallet ($250) This sleek wallet zips around to open on three sides for quick and easy access to everything you need. The exterior is microsuede and the interior is microsuede and organic cotton - all from Italy. There's a zippered coin purse on the inside as expandable compartments big enough for your phone. Get 20% off your first purchase from Jill Milan - Just create an account and use the code Welcome during checkout.
4. Communication wrap bracelet by JuneStones ($149) When this bracelet showed up at the office I was blown away. It is stunning. It's called the communication bracelet because the kyanite is beneficial for opening the throat chakra to encourage communication and self expression. The impression jasper is good for instilling inner peace and clarity, so there's a beautiful balance between inner calm and quiet and being expressive and communicative. I love it. The bracelet wraps around five times around the wrist. My favorite part, though, is that the bracelet actually fits my tiny wrists because it has three adjustable closures at 32'', 33'' and 34''. Discount Code JASPER2016 for 15% off your first online purchase.
5. Arya face oil ($95) - This silky face oil soaks right into your skin with an incredible blend of essential oils and herbs that will boost vibrancy and rejuvenate tired skin. Herbs like Amla and Brahmi are traditionally used to boost collagen production, prevent aging and reduce visible signs of wrinkles. Tulsi, a plant abundant in antioxidants, purifies the skin while imparting a healthy glow. I use this after the bath and just pat dry and then put a dime size amount on. It absorbs right in and is lightweight and revitalizing. Fantastic stuff.
6. Kakolee yoga bundle (currently on sale for $89.90) - I've said it before and I'll say it again - I am a huge fan of cork for the yoga practice. Cork has a little bit of give so as a mat it feels good for creaky knees, but it's not so soft that you'll lose your balance. And when a cork mat gets wet, it has better grip, so basically it's the opposite of a slippery regular mat. For blocks, cork feels nice for wrists and the give it offers feels ok in things like backbends, whereas wooden blocks kill my back and foam is too squishy. Kakolee products are toxin, chemical and plastic free. Use code Kakolee1 through your Amazon purchase.
1. Enter to win by using the rafflecopter widget above and leaving a comment below with your funny wardrobe story.
2. If you have an email address you use for promos, feel free to use that because by entering to win, you agree to pass your email address on to the sponsors and to be added to our weekend newsletter.
3. A winner will be announced in our weekend newsletter and here on Sunday, March 13th, so be sure to check the newsletter or back here then.