This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all opinions - as always - are our own. We are committed to working with small businesses whose mission we fully support.
I never really had the stereotypical spring break adventure, but one of my most memorable trips was a long weekend trip to the beach with seven of my friends. We were all sixteen and seventeen years old and we stayed at these little cabinas on an all but deserted beach in Costa Rica. We were exchange students from the US, New Zealand, Germany, and Norway, and we felt like we were invincible. Nothing significant happened aside from the fact that we all got the worst sunburns of our lives. But mostly it was just a couple of teenage friends hanging out and enjoying the most gorgeous beach on earth and laughing at stupid jokes.
This week, I'm leading a Spring Break yoga retreat in Miami, and one of the girls who signed up to attend is a friend from the aforementioned trip. It's kind of surreal how things come full circle like that. Friendships like that don't come around too often.
Today, we're celebrating friendships with a Spring Break Essentials Guide & Giveaway. Here are all the things we're loving:
1. Printed leggings - These capris are my favorite style. They're neutral colored and go with everything (even other patterned shirts), and I love the flattering length of the pants and the wide waistband. From The Jiva Shop, $65.
2. The Anti-Bottle - This awesome "water bottle" deflates as you drink, and when you're finished, you can roll it up to save space in your bag until you're ready to refill it again. Genius. From Vapur, $9.99.
3. Coconut oil - This is a staple that travels with me everywhere. I use it for everything from body lotion to cooking to sunscreen (it has a natural SPF in it). This brand is fantastic because it's 100% pure, raw, and cold pressed. From Skinny and Co., $30.
4. Inspirational necklace - I love this watch me fly necklace! It's perfect for all my upside down yogis. From Love ReWritten, $35.
5. A long sleeve top - This flowy top has a beautiful inspirational message (in French) that translates to "Today I like my smile" and serves as a nice reminder to extend more self compassion. From Pure of Heart, $35.
6. Bamboo shades - These eco-friendly sunglasses are functional and fabulous, with reflective purple lenses. From Kynd Clothing, $79.
7. Sunscreen - This all natural sunscreen is free from parabens and chemicals and provides excellent protection. From Suntegrity, $24. (Not included in giveaway.)
8. Forget Hangover tea - For all my partying Spring Breakers, this is the morning after tea to help you detox. From Beau. Tea. Bar., $16.
9. Soap. This handmade, all natural soap looks a lot like candy, and smells just as delicious. From Melange Jolie LLC, $8.
10. Bathing suit - What's a Spring Break vacation without a bathing suit?! This one is expertly handmade and fits like a glove. From Khongboon Swimwear, $98.
11. Hangover remedy - This tincture, featuring ginger root and peppermint, will aid with recovery the morning after a long night. From Province Apothecary, $16. (Not included in giveaway.)
12. Tote bag - We love this tote bag from My Other Bag which takes your regular tote to the next level. From My Other Bag, $35.
13. Sassy tank - Declare yourself smart, strong, sexy and soulful with this tank from The Jiva Shop, $37.
One winner receives all except Suntegrity sunscreen, Hangover Remedy, and coconut oil.
Two winners receive the bathing suit.
To Enter the Yoga Retreat Packing Guide:
I love getting to know you guys better, so let's share favorite stories of friendship. What was your most memorable story? Have you taken any trips together? Anything funny happen?
Rules for entry:
- All entries will be verified (i.e. make sure you leave a comment as well as entering using the box below).
- This giveaway is open to those in the USA, but we are working hard to find companies willing to ship internationally in future giveaways, so please stay tuned.
- Winners will be chosen by random on April 1st and notified by email.
- The companies will be shipping each item separately. YBC will pass on the winners' info to each company, and then will not be responsible for communication/shipping between the winners and the companies.
- If you have a separate email for promotional use, feel free to enter using that email address because by entering the giveaway, you consent to being added to the YBC weekly newsletter list and receiving occasional promotional emails from the participating brands.