Disclaimer: This post is sponsored in part by Vital Proteins, Vana Body, Oma Roma, and Maya Chia. While we were compensated for the post, all opinions - as always - are our own. We are dedicated to working with small businesses whose missions and products we believe in, and we thank you for supporting the companies that support YBC.
Since we started doing the Beauty Files series, I've received a bunch of questions about make up and hair. Sadly, I don't have many hair-doing skills, but I am all about make up and skincare. I thought it'd be fun to kick off the week by sharing some of my favorite products along with a little giveaway from our sponsors, so let's get to it.
1. Tata Harper Rebuilding Moisturizer - This was sent to me (#bloggingperks) a few months ago and I don't know how I lived without it. It's a lightweight, all natural formula that I use to prep my skin first thing in the morning before putting on makeup. I love that Tata Harper's stuff is always 100% all natural, organic and non-toxic. *This product is not included in the giveaway.
2. Born This Way Foundation - I love this foundation for the summer. It has warm undertones which works perfectly for me when I've got a little bit of a tan. *This product is not included in the giveaway.
3. Anastasia Brow Wiz - This thing is a game changer! I, unfortunately, was someone who totally overplucked way back in the day. Like, to the point where I see pictures of myself and cringe because WHERE ARE MY EYEBROWS?! Anyway, I am pretty sure I've done minor permanent damage because while my brows grow relatively think (thanks to my Lebanese and Ecuadorian heritage), there are still a few patchy spots that just do not grow. So when I found this handy tool a few months ago, I felt like a whole new woman. One end has a spool for brushing the brow down so I can use the other end to fill it in before brushing the hair back in place. *This product is not included in the giveaway.
4. Vital Proteins Beauty Greens - I am a huge believer that beauty literally comes from the inside out. I am fascinated by Chinese face mapping, something that's really helped me heal my break outs, and the beauty greens blend just fits right in with this whole idea that health starts from the inside. The beauty greens blend is an elixir of marine collagen peptides with raw, organic greens, hyaluronic acid and probiotics. You just put a scoop in water, juice or your shake, and it helps to improve skin's moisture, smoothness and overall tone. *This product is included in the giveaway.
5. Vana Body Geranium + Aloe Toning Mist - This lightweight formula is soothing and nourishing, especially for inflamed skin. It's got aloe vera gel to soothe, calm and moisturize, and geranium hydrosol to balance, soothe and moisturize as well as bergamont essential oil to promote fast healing and help prevent acne. You can use code 'YWC5OFF' for $5 OFF orders $25+ available 6/12 - 6/19. *This product is included in the giveaway.
6. Maya Chia Cleansing Oil - The Maya Chia cleansing oil is what I look forward to at the end of every day. It's a lightweight cleansing oil with lavender, chamomile and non-GMO vitamin E that feels so nourishing. The most critical aspect of the cleansing oil is the significant levels of supercritical chia oil contained therein. It easily takes away the day's make up and leaves your skin feeling smooth, moisturized and nourished. You can use coupon code thankyou10 for 10% off your order. *This product is included in the giveaway.
7. Bumble & Bumble Invisible oil spray - This is something that was recommended before I went to Costa Rica. I was told that it's a great UV protectant, and will help keep the hair from being damaged. Not only did it do its job, but I also like to use it on the ends of my hair when styling to get a texturized, piece-y look. To top it off, it smells so good. *This product is not included in the giveaway.
8. Oma Roma Manuka Honey Mask - I am a huge fan of masks and I'm psyched to report this make is awesome. The mask contains a healing blend of manuka honey (which draws our impurities from the skin) with organic extracts that help to promote cell regeneration, and leave your skin feeling radiant. *This product is included in the giveaway.
9. Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium - I got this sample at Sephora a few weeks ago and I am loving this scent so much! It's a musky, woodsy, earthy scent - so probably not for everyone - but it is totally my jam. *This product is not included in the giveaway.
The Giveaway: This giveaway is open to those in the US. To enter, just leave a comment letting me know your top one, two or three products that you use regularly, and/or tell me about your funniest beauty fail. (Are you a member of my overplucked eyebrow club?!) One lucky winner will be chosen on June 20th, and announced here as well as our newsletter. If you have an email address you use for promotions, feel free to use that one, because by entering to win, you agree to share your email address with the sponsors of this giveaway. Good luck!