Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all opinions - as always - are our own. We are committed to working with small businesses we love whose products we believe in. Thank you for supporting the businesses that support YBC.
I have had some pretty bad travel experiences. Once, someone threw up on me on a plane. Another time, I was detained and interrogated when I came home from Morocco.
But by far the worst experience was when a man with incredibly smelly feet took his shoes and socks off right next to me at the beginning of a nine hour transatlantic flight, stinking up the whole plane so badly the flight attendants kept coming through with air freshener spray (which didn't really do anything but stink up the air even more). I wrapped my scarf around me and tried so hard to just let it go but I have a thing about smells and I legit kept thinking I was going to throw up at any minute, the smell was so bad! It was then and there that I vowed never to get on a flight without a good scarf to wrap around my head (and nose) and essential oils to dab on the inside of the scarf to help mask any foul smells around me. It was a good lesson to learn, in retrospect, but yikes, I wouldn't want to relive that experience ever again!
Today we're doing a fun Spring Break Vacation Essentials giveaway, in which we feature some must-have products from small businesses we love for when you're on-the-go.
1. Pique Tea makes this really cool crystallized tea, which is perfect for travel. The 100% organic tea is crystalized and put into little packets that fit right into your pocket. Put a little water in your cup and the crystals dissolve completely, leaving you with a perfectly brewed cup of tea. Use code YOGABYCANDACE15 for 15% off for your first order. Expires 5.15.16.
2. Belicious Food If you travel often, you know it's challenging to eat healthy on the go. I love these little packs that are made with 100% organic produce and grains picked for their anti-inflammatory properties. They make the perfect travel companion to fuel your healthy, on-the-go lifestyle. Take 30% off your first purchase with code Spring30 - expiration date is the first day of Summer - June 21st.
3. Sunology sunscreen - Don't go anywhere this spring without some quality sunscreen, but be sure it's a sunscreen you can trust. I love that Sunology is 100% cruelty free, and made with natural, active ingredients rather than traditional, chemical-based ingredients. With SPF 50, this is a product that is as effective as it is natural.
4. GRRRL tank Namaste Bitchesss - Small biz GRRRL has messaging that's right up my alley. They love and celebrate women, period. And I dig it. Their Namaste, Bitchesss shirt is made from soft cotton with a little bit of stretch to it so you can feel your comfiest. Use code yogabycandace for 15% your entire order.
5. Nature’s Blueprint ceremonial matcha - This USDA Organic matcha tea powder is potent and powderful. It travels really well, and all you need to do is put a teaspoon of powder into some hot water for the most delicious cuppa. I'm a huge matcha fan for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. Use code SPRINGES for 25% off until 6.19.16
To enter, tell us your one travel lesson you've learned over the years down in the comments below (mine is to bring a scarf and essential oils to mask foul smells). Maybe it came from a bad travel experience, or maybe it's something a friend told you that just made perfect sense to you.
Once you do that, just let us know you commented in the Rafflecopter widget below. We'll pick a winner on May 1 and announce the winner in our newsletter and on this post as well.
If you have an email address you use for promotional use, feel free to use that one because by entering to win you agree to share your email with the sponsors.
Thanks so much for participating - we're looking forward to reading your travel lessons!!