Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all opinions - as always - are our work. We work hard to support small businesses whose missions are in line with ours and whose products we truly love. Some of the companies have offered exclusive coupon codes for our readers. Thanks so much for supporting the businesses that keep YBC going. xo Candace
Years ago, when my grandmother was still alive (she was like the backbone of our family, it seems), we used to do play this game called Gee, That's a Shame. Everyone in our family (my mom is one of twelve siblings, so it was a huge game!) would bring a gift under $50 and wrap it up. People would go all out, wrapping tiny gifts in HUGE boxes, wrapping the best gifts in old toilet paper cardboard roll thingies, you get the idea. I remembered it'd be a card game, and essentially you'd get picked via your card, and you'd have to choose a gift and unwrap it in front of everyone. Then, the next person to be chosen would get to either steal an opened gift from someone in the fam, or grab and unwrap an unopened present. Essentially, if you liked your gift, you wanted to pretend that you were indifferent, so no one would steal it from you. And if you were really lucky, you would be picked last so you could see what everyone else got! It was such a riot, and something I really, really miss doing. The best gift was cash, in my opinion!
Anyway, this holiday season we are doing another amazing Holiday Gift Guide Giveaway. We curated these items with the yoga teacher in mind, but really they would work for anyone! To enter, just leave a comment on this post sharing a holiday story! Any funny or embarrassing gift fails? Any fun holiday traditions you have? Then, after you've shared your comment, just enter in the rafflecopter widget below that you've done so. If you have an email address you use for promotions, feel free to enter than one because by entering to win, you acknowledge that your email address will be shared with the sponsors. One lucky person will win ALL of the goodies below with the exception of the man's bag - we'll pick a guy for that, if the winner is a woman! We'll pick a winner at random next Saturday, and it will be announced here on this post, so stay tuned. Thanks so much for supporting the companies that support YBC!
1. Beeswax Candle, $23 - You know I love beeswax candles! This one is 8oz of 100% locally sourced, pure beeswax from The Beeswax Co in Texas. These are such clean burning candles - they actually are helpful in purifying the air. They're environmentally friendly and smell sweetly like honey. We also love and admire their support of local bee keepers! Use Coupon Code YBC16 for 10% off all candles. The coupon expires 12/13/2016.
2. Bone Broth from Bare Bones Broth, 6 pack of broth for $69.99 - I absolutely adore the husband and wife team behind Bare Bones Broth! And great news for all of you out there looking to heal your gut! They now have a new subscription service! If you subscribe for 2 or more 6-packs, you save 10% and get free shipping! You can use gift code YBCGIFT for 10% off, good through Jan. 1 (for all the New Year's resolution-makers!) This broth has the highest protein content of any bone broth on the market, and they now are selling turkey broth (my personal favorite). Broth is rich in collagen, which is great for hair, skin, nails, joints and digestive health. Due to how great it is for the joints, it really makes a great gift for parents or grandparents struggling with arthritis pain. Great for those trying out the Bone Broth Diet, or a terrific sipping beverage for intermittent fasting. Not sure how to incorporate bone broth into your diet? They also sell their Bare Bones Broth Cookbook. If online isn't your jam, you can now find the broth at Wegmans on the East Coast, and launching into Fairway Market, ShopRite and Harris Teeter in January – big news for East Coasters!
3. Swimsuit by Gypsea Swimwear, $78AUD for top, $75AUD for bottom. You guys know how much I love Gypsea Swimwear! They're an Australian swimwear brand (I swear, the best stuff comes out of Australia!) and the quality is exceptional. Not only that, but the fabric is actually images from surf photographer Scott Bauer. You're literally wearing art when you put these suits on, and they always fit like a glove. Bonus? Many of the swimsuits are reversible so it's like getting two suits in one. Hollerrrr! Use couponc ode CANDACEGYPSEA for 25% off the purchase price.
4. Two beautiful pillows and a duvet from Indigo2ash, $69 and $129 respectively - The perfect little gift for a yoga studio owner, or new homeowner, these throw pillows would look lovely in a sitting room, meditation room or bedroom. The interplay of hexagon's nested geometric shapes creates a pleasing and almost kaleidoscopic effect we love. There's a hidden zipper for easy care of the pillow covers, and if you love the pattern, they also make drapery panels, bedding and upholstery in the same hexagon pattern! And then if a pair of pillows isn't awesome enough, we're also giving away a gorgeous duvet! Unique textured coverlet from Indigo2Ash, This is the perfect gift for someone who recently moved into a new place or for someone looking to spruce up their current master or guest bedroom. We love the woven texture of the honeycomb design and think it’s the perfect mix of classic, chic and trendy. This King set also comes with two matching shams to be sure you’re sleeping in style and you’re able to choose from 9 different colors. For 15% off, use code DEMO15OFF.
5. Chrysoprase stones and Agate Druzy bracelet from JuneStones, $69 - It’s Chrysoprase stones with a large Agate Druzy in the center on metallic gray leather with my signature sterling silver logo button. Both Chrysoprase and Agate are beautiful healing stones. Here is the discount code that is good for 15% off the entire website until January 1st: YBCHOLIDAY2016
6. Yoga Club subscription box, starting at $45 - Here's a gift every yoga teacher will love! A yoga apparel subscription box service featuring top of the line brands. All you do is pick the package & workout style that fits your personality and each month, their expert stylists will curate a new on-trend, in-style, brand name outfit with a retail value of over $100. You can expect brands like Teeki, Manduka, Cozy Orange, Onzie & more every month, complete with a new top, bottom or accessory — a $100 retail value! You can also pause or cancel your membership at any time, or exchange any items you don't care for!
7. FRÉ skincare is a comprehensive 3-step anti-aging treatment that creates healthy, glowing and resilient skin for women who work out. Step 1: "Protect Me" is an ultra-light SPF30 moisturizer formulated for skin that sweats. It is water-resistant and won't sting eyes when you sweat (it's ophthalmologist tested!). Step 2: "Purify Me" is a hydrating facial cleanser that soothes, de-stresses, hydrates and rebalances skin pH, post-workout. Step 3: "Revive Me" is a specialized anti-aging serum that regenerates collagen and skin elasticity. All products are hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested and non-comedogenic, so everyone is sure to love them!
8. Samadhi Hoodie from OM Matters, $89 - I've been wearing mine all week because the fit is so slouchy and cozy, just like I like it! Cozy up this winter in this beautifully designed, eco-friendly yoga “Samādhi” hoodie from OM Matters. Samādhi is the 8th Limb of the 8 Limbs of Yoga that teaches us that everything is interconnected. Plus feel good knowing that 10% of all proceeds from any of their yoga clothing goes to fund yoga for at-risk youth. Use discount code ‘OMMATTERS’ for 15% off this Samadhi hoodie and everything else in your shopping cart now through 12/31/16.
9. Yoga Design Lab yoga mat, $68 - This gorgeous mat is 3.5mm thick which feels nice especially if you have creaky joints. The mat is unlike other mats out there because it is a mat and microfiber towel combo which makes it ideal for hot yoga practices or anyone who just sweats a lot during a regular yoga class. The mats are made from biodegradable natural tree rubber and are dyed with water-based inks. And all YDL products are inspired and designed in Bali.
10. Lo and Sons The Cambridge Bag, $348 and The Catalina Weekender $120 - Big enough to serve as an overnighter yet small enough for everyday use, The Cambridge is the modern man’s must-have. Made from high-quality water resistant materials, it features a padded pocket for laptops up to 15 inches, plenty of interior pockets, back sleeve for sliding over suitcase handles, and a detachable messenger strap for carrying comfort. One lucky YBC guy will receive this bag! The Catalina bag is a lightweight travel bag that is perfect for weekend getaways. It's designed to fit everything you need for a weekend away with room to spare. I love the bottom zipper pocket - it's large enough to easily fit two yoga blocks!
11. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptide Sticks, $34 - Vital Proteins is one of my favorite companies because they truly stand behind their product, and man, they make exceptional products! I'm a huge fan of their Beauty Greens and I'm psyched that they just came out with collagen peptide sticks! Collagen Peptides are sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine hides to ensure a natural, high quality, and sustainable source of this ancient nutrient. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body ensuring the health and vitality of your skin, hair, tendon, cartilage, bones, and joints. These natural peptides are highly bio-available, digestible and soluble in cold or hot liquids. You can put them in yogurt, smoothies, cereal, oatmeal, tea, coffee - truly, anything!
12. Soulsticewear wrist compression sleeve, $20 - Soulstice is a new conscious lifestyle brand that preserves up to an entire ACRE of endangered rainforest for every item they sell. Their new Soulsleeve is an eco-friendly wrist compression sleeve that has positive mantras on the inside to help keep you centered, both on and off the mat. Whether you need the additional support in your yoga practice, or just a little extra inspiration throughout the day, these were designed to wear anytime. YBCers get an exclusive 20% off all items by using promo code YBC20. Also, if you’re based out of LA, give them a follow on Instagram, as they’re giving away a pair of tickets every day now through Saturday for the upcoming YogaExpo in downtown LA!