Disclosure: This post in sponsored in part by the brands below. All opinions, as always, are our own. We're committed to working with brands we believe in whose products we love and would buy for ourselves. Thank you for supporting the brands that support YBC.
Do you guys have any trips coming up?
(Side note: I am dying laughing because I initially wrote that sentence as: Do you guys have any friends? Ahhh-Hahaha!)
Anyway, what are your summer plans? I have the YBC retreats that I'm attending (obviously) in NYC and Utah, but other than that, I've got nothin' on the calendar. I'm actually looking to take a little solo trip at some point this summer. My goal is to go somewhere and just totally unwind for a short weekend. I'm thinking massage, definitely some major pool or beach time, long baths, lots of sleep and reading good books. I just need somethin' because I've just been feeling kind of meh lately.
Anyway, let's talk summer vacations. What's been your favorite one? I've been sitting here trying to think of my favorite but I'm realizing that I've been really lucky in my life to have had so many. There was one I was invited to as a 4th grader. My friend's family went to the Jersey shore I think. Was it the Jersey shore? I don't really remember. What I do remember is boogie boarding my face off. Pretty much the most fun ever. Another year, I was invited by a different friend and her family to go to Cape Cod for a week. That was a blast, too, with cookouts and a trip to P-town and of course the beach all day. But hands down one of my favorite summer trips was with my best friend. It was five years ago, the summer before I was getting married, and we wanted to do a road trip. One of my bridesmaid is like the queen of Charleston, South Carolina, so we road tripped it down there (drove through the night, I will never do that again!), and my friend had this crazy connection and hooked us up with the most gorgeous hotel. It was just a weekend, but it was fantastic - we visited the farmer's market, lounged by the pool, got drinks in town, and shopped till we dropped. It was just such a nice girls' weekend of laughs and relaxation. On the way back, we stopped at this gross rest stop called South of the Border (my east coast people will know this place). My friend and I picked up this book on tape by Madonna's brother and it made the 16 hour drive FLY by!
Anyway, today we are hosting a big ol' giveaway to celebrate summer getaways and I hope you'll join in!
The winners & eligibility
One winner from the US will receive all of the below with the exception of the Dr Mercola silver. That product will be given to one winner from Canada. Please enter if you are from the US or Canada. If you have an email address you use for promotional correspondence, consider using that, as when you sign up you'll be added to the YBC newsletter (it's weekly) and you'll receive occasional emails from the brands below.
1. This huge beach tent from Byron Bay Beach Life is perfect for the beach because let's face it, vitamin D is fab for a hot sec, but after that, it's nice to have some shade to escape under. This lightweight bad boy will save the day. It's easy to put together (just three little steps), and it's 11 1/2 ft long and 6ft wide so it's perfect for families and friends. $139
2. And lastly, no getaway is complete without a bag to carry your shtuff! We love this Volta bag from Cotopaxi because it's extraordinarily well made. It has padded straps, is water resistant, has buckles on the front so you can comfortably hike with it. It's made from a waxy canvas that's extremely durable, and, forgive us for being so vain, but it's aesthetically beautiful. So count us as fans. $109, use coupon code YOGABYCANDACE for 15% off.
3. If your getaway takes you to the mountains, you're going to want to bring along this puffy blanket from Rumpl. Filled with synthetic down, this'll keep you warm on chilly nights by the campfire. It's crazy durable, water resistant, and repels stains and smells. $129, Use coupon code CandaceRumpls for 15% off.
4. As always, it's important to look after your health even while traveling, which is why we love Dr. Mercola's colloidal silver trio. It's a dietary supplement that supports the immune system, provides respiratory health and digestive health. This trio includes a dropper, mist spray and a vertical sprayer - so there's no excuse not to take your silver solution. $35.97 on sale. Please note this product has not been tested by the FDA and is not intended to cure, treat, or diagnose any ailment.
5. On a more practical note, we love this lightweight (under two pounds!) stool from Tulmoon to take on hikes or to the campground. Or, who are we kidding - set it right down in your living room and call it a day! It folds up easily to 3.5'' wide and 22' tall, and the seat will keep you 18'' off the ground. It's also hand crafted and made in the USA, so it really doesn't get much better than that. $65.
6. Right along with a cozy blanket, you'll want to pack a pair of Dear Lil' Devas Warm...est! Yoga Pants. They're exactly as named - eco-friendly, fleece pants that are baggy enough to throw on over leggings, or wear on their own and the cinched elastic pant legs are sure to keep those pesky mosquitoes away. Perfect for camping or early morning as you dash off to yoga class. You can thank our neighbors to the north because they're made in Canada. $90, use coupon code GOINGCAMPING for 25% off until 7.31.15.
7. This organic cotton towel from Think Outside is super absorbent, super soft and an obvious necessity at the beach or by the pool. It's also nice and big, at 62'' by 32'', so it'll be your go-to grab after a dip. $32, and right now they're having a warehouse sale - use code WH50 for 50% off!
To Enter the Giveaway
If you're American: Tell us about your favorite summer trip or tell us the funniest thing that ever happened on a summer vacation and then make sure to use the rafflecopter widget below to let us know you entered. You can also follow us on Google+ for an added entry - just be sure to put a screenshot in a second comment.
If you're Canadian: Tell us about your favorite summer trip or tell us the funniest thing that ever happened on a summer vacation and then tell us what 12 minus 2 is - (I'm not kidding, it's no joke opening up a giveaway to our friends up north - and we're sorry, but if you're in Quebec, you'll have to sit this giveaway out). You can also follow us on Google+ for an added entry - just be sure to put a screenshot in a second comment and let us know what 12-2 is again.
One winner from the US and one winner from Canada will be chosen on July 9, 2015. Can't wait to hear from you all!! <3