This is a sponsored post. While YBC was compensated for the post, all opinions - as always - are our own. We are committed to working with small businesses whose mission we fully support.
Are you guys snackers or do you eat big meals throughout the day? What about post workout/yoga sessions? I've always been a big meal eater. I still kind of am, I guess. I have four pretty decent sized meals throughout the day and a mid afternoon snack. The GAPS diet makes it tough to just grab something and go, so I'm looking forward to the day (maybe six months from now or so) when I can just grab a snack for after my gym or yoga sessions. Until then, I kind of have to stick to home cooked foods for the most part - meh.
Recently, I've been off the mat and out of the gym due to my sprained ankle which is always hard for someone like me who is a go-go-go kind of person. I just don't like sitting around the house. In fact, before yesterday, I literally hadn't left my house in three days and was starting to feel like I was going crazy. Being injured is more painful mentally than it is physically for me!
Today I made some big strides though! I don't need my crutches anymore and even got to the gym for an upper body workout! It felt so good to sort of get back to normal. I also had a photoshoot for part of May's yoga program, which I'm excited to announce really soon.
Today we're talking proteins and superfood here on the blog. The products featured here are all products we use regularly at our house and if you don't know about 'em, you should. :)
1. Organic whey protein. My husband is a big protein drinker. He always has been, and probably always will be. But his main complaint is that the majority of them have weird aftertastes from their flavors. This one is great because it's plain so you can customize it with other ingredients like frozen berries to make it taste however you'd like with no weird aftertaste. This is organic, grass-fed and non-GMO. From Source Organic $64.99
2. Grassfed cultured ghee. So you could make superfood ghee yourself, if you have a big ol' crockpot and a lot of time on your hands. But if convenience is more your style, I like this brand because it's organic, grass-fed, and made from non-homogenized milk. It's naturally gluten free, and what's nice about it is that it has a very high smoke point so it's ideal for sautéing and frying up your favorite foods. From Pure Indian Foods, on sale for $21.95
3. Collagen Protein Gelatin Powder and Collagen Peptides. These are both non-gmo, gluten-free and rBGH free. The collagen protein gelatin contains the same amino acids that are found in hair, nails, and cartilage, which is why my husband liked adding a scoop to his smoothies immediately after ACL surgery. The gelatin thickens in cold dishes like smoothies, yogurts, and ice creams so if you're looking to get fancy in the kitchen, this is a nice, natural thickener that also packs a bunch of protein. The collagen peptides are similar in that the protein is the same found in hair, nails, skin, bones and cartilage but they dissolve in cold as well as hot liquids. Perfect to add to a cup of coffee or tea for someone looking to get a bit extra protein. From Vital Proteins, $46 and $41 respectively. Use coupon code YOGABYCANDACE20 for 20% off now through May 13, 2015.
4. Organic Plant Based Powder. If animal protein isn't your jam, Orgain's plant based protein powder might do the trick! This chocolate flavor is rich, delicious and leaves no weird aftertaste. My husband loves that it's really simple - just put the powder in the water and call it a day - no need to add in other ingredients for flavor so it's his number one choice when he's in a hurry. From Orgain, $39.99. Bonus: They're offering the giveaway not only a bottle of the powder but a blender bottle as well so you can use it right away.
One winner will receive everything!
To Enter the Protein and Superfood Giveaway:
I love getting to know you guys better, so let's talk food. Mmmm food. What's your favorite post-workout or post-yoga food? Are you a protein shake person? A little snack? What's your go-to? Tell me please because I never have anything (#GAPSproblems) and I always return home in a state of HANGER. :)
Rules for entry:
- All entries will be verified (i.e. make sure you leave a comment as well as entering using the box below).
- This giveaway is open to those in the USA, but we are working hard to find companies willing to ship internationally in future giveaways, so please stay tuned.
- The winner will be chosen by random on May 6th and be notified by email.
- The companies will be shipping each item separately. YBC will pass on the winners' info to each company, and then will not be responsible for communication/shipping between the winners and the companies.
- If you have a separate email for promotional use, feel free to enter using that email address because by entering the giveaway, you consent to being added to the YBC weekly newsletter list and receiving occasional promotional emails from the participating brands.