Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. While we were compensated for this post, we carefully select small businesses we believe in whose products we truly love. Thank you for supporting the companies that keep YBC runnin'!
Generally, the winter - at least for me - is a time when things sort of slow down. Being in New England, the cold weather means I stay inside more and am not as active. Something happens to me when I'm not as active - I get sort of uninspired and a bit down.
This winter is different for me, though. I'm going full steam ahead with all the projects we have going on and lots of travel to warm places so I feel really thankful for that, but I haven't forgotten how tough it is when I'm experiencing the winter blues, so I'm excited to bring you this giveaway in the hopes that it might cheer someone up out there.
What do you do when you're kinda bummin' along? Here are three of my go-to's for cheering myself up:
- Call a friend. As much of an effort as it might seem like, I never regret meeting up with a good friend. I really enjoy going out for breakfast with my friends. They are always filled with laughter and they start the day off on the right foot.
- Watch something funny. I love everything from Seinfeld to The Wedding Crashers.
- Have a dance party. Ok this sounds ridiculous, but it's impossible to have a bad time dancing, and if I'm having a blah day, you better believe I will be cranking up the music to dance it all out! Try it for just one song, I promise you won't be disappointed!
I'd love to hear what three things you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blah down in the comments below! One lucky person will be picked at random and will receive all of the following goodies:
1. Woodies Bamboo Watch, on sale for $45. This black and gold bamboo timepiece with a leather band has a look that is both classic and unique. Its minimalist design is functional yet fashion forward and we love it!
2. Mantramagnet, on sale for $9.95 - These are perfect for reigniting your motivation in a fun and unique way by displaying your favorite fortune! I love that its a magnet and has extra space for your entire collection of inspiring quotes. Spread the good cheer this holiday season and share the mantramagnet with your friends - When you buy 4 mantramagnets, you’ll get one of them for free! Enter discount code 4MANTRAS at checkout. Offer ends 12/31/15.
3. Smells Like Home, Na-Mer-Ste, $25. This shirt cracks me up and I know you're gonna love it too! The tank is lightweight and breatheable, making it perfect for lounging or errands or yoga, and the na-mer-stay slogan across the front will also bring smiles to those around you! Discount Code ‘YBCWinterYogi’ for free shipping now until December 24, 2015.
4. The Lotus Root Organic Eye Pillow, $25. This eye pillow is filled with organic lavender buds and organic flax seeds and offers another great complement to your yoga practice. I love it for deepening savasana. It's the perfect weight for the eyes, and will help take your relaxation to the next level. If lavender isn't your jam, no worries - unscented pillows can be made upon request. Discount Code ‘GRATITUDE’ for free shipping on all orders now until Dec. 24th / Midnight CST.
5. GracedByGrit Baby it's cold outside leggings, $96. These leggings are really cool - they have a moisture-wicking fleece lining, but don't worry, it doesn't add any bulk - just luxurious warmth on the coldest days. They have great compression and are UPF 50+, giving you that extra sun protection! Discount Code 'YOGICANDACE' for 20% off.
6. Clever Yoga, Yoga Blocks, on sale for $10.99. If your practice has hit a plateau, what better way to jumpstart it with some props?! These foam blocks are lightweight yet solid and perfect for all levels. Use Discount Code '15FORYBC' for 15% off.
7. PadaPath Hemp Yoga Towel, $85-95. This awesome hemp yoga towel has a unique look you won't find in any other. The company started on Etsy as a natural hemp alternative to the common synthetic yoga towel for wet traction during a sweaty, heated or vinyasa style practice. Another cool thing? These towels have two 12'' tails at the end which allow you to tie your mat and towel rolled up, making it easy to toss in your bag and go.
8. Stash Tea, Holiday Teas Gift Collection, $25. How can we cozy up for a funny movie without a little tea to complement?! These holiday teas smell heavenly and with everything from spearmint to chai, you'll have enough options to satisfy friends as well.
9. Three Minute Egg, Yoga “Block”, on sale for $95. These ergo dynamic blocks are rounded to fit flush against your body. I personally love them for restorative yoga practices. Discount Code ‘YBCbag’ for 10% off any Starter Kit now through 3/31/16.
The giveaway is open to everyone in the USA - for shipping purposes - and a winner will be drawn at random and announced in our newsletter on January 3rd. To enter, just leave a comment below with three things you try to do when you're feeling down in order to cheer yourself up. After you do that, just pop up to the rafflecopter widget above and check off that you've left a comment. If you have an email address you use for promotions, feel free to use that one, because by entering to win the giveaway, you'll be added to our weekend newsletter and you agree to have your email address shared with the sponsors of this giveaway who may email you in the future about promotions. Thanks for supporting the brands that support YBC!